𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

Ashfur's eyes rested on the ice. He put a paw on it and then another. He almost slipped on the moonlit ice as he made his way to the center, tears clinging to his cheek like drops of rain.

Ashfur heard an echoing crack and before he knew it cold water was stinging his eyes. Paws pattered on the ice and he saw a figure slip into the water gracefully. Is this StarClan or RiverClan?  He wondered as the tomcat grabbed his scruff and dragged him to thick ice.

It was, in fact, a RiverClan warrior. The tabby tomcat scolded him, "What were you thinking? He growled. Ashfur choked up the water he had swallowed, "Thinking about Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight rubbing it in my face for being mates." He huffed.

Hawkfrost rolled his icy blue eyes, "Brambleclaw is quite annoying." He admitted. Ashfur glanced at the stranger, "How did you know he is annoying?" He asked.

Hawkfrost looked at Ashfur, "Because he is my half-brother and I see him every gathering." He stated. That was a lie. He saw Brambleclaw every other moonrise.

Ashfur blinked. "Oh. Your name is Hawkfrost, right?"  He asked. Hawkfrost glanced at him, "Yes," He nodded, "What is your name?" He questioned.

Ashfur looked at Hawkfrost, "Ashfur. My name is Ashfur." He felt nervous but he didn't quite know why. Hawkfrost nodded, "I got it. We should probably get off of the ice. It may crack again. I'm not sure if it is completely stable." He said and quickly got off of the ice.

Ashfur got off the ice as well, "So- um. I'll see you tomorrow night?" He asked. Hawkfrost blinked, "I suppose so. See you at moonrise, Ashfur." He looked away and padded to RiverClan quietly.