Chapter 8

"Zack! Why the fuck are you calling me during school?? I almost got my phone taken! So yeah, thanks a lot dipshit!"

Geez. Hi to you too..

"Err.. Matt? This is.. uh.. Zacky's friend Victoria.." I stuttered awkwardly.
"Oh. Uh.. Hi?" Matt stated sounding confused.
"Hi. Um.. Your brother told me to call you. Can you come to the park by the school please? And hurry?" A lump is forming in the back of my throat as I try not to start crying again.
"Why? Where's my brother? Is he alright? What happened??" Matt started hammering me with questions.
"Okay Matt stop. Look just come to the park and i'll answer your questions, but you need to hurry up." I answered him back getting impatient.
"Alright, alright. I'm on the way." As the conversation ended, I focused my attention back to Zacky, who is laying down using his bagpack as support for his head. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a concussion.

I sit down next to him and pull my knees to my chest. "I'm so sorry, Zacky.. I didn't mean for this to happen. I-I don't know what has gotten into Johnny. He's never snapped like that before. I've never seen him so angry." I whisper. "It's fine, Victoria. Not like you anticipated this. I sure as fuck didn't. Don't worry though. I'm used to this." He mutters and then sighs.
"I should have never talked to you. I should've never brought you here. It was stupid."
And it was. What was I thinking? I should have known the guys would fuck with me and give me hell about having a friend. Especially a friend that's a guy. I should have known.. How could I have been so careless? Having Zack be brought down with me? Ugh. Stupid. He doesn't deserve to be classified as a loser because of me.

That damn lump in my throat was making itself known as I continued to talk.
"Bad things happen to the people that I get close to. I'm like a walking bad luck charm. Now bad things are happening to you, and I've only known you for a day. It's all my fault. And I am so fucking sorry, Zacky. None of this should have happened to you."
He replied with a simple "Oh" as he stared at his hands.

We sat in silence, during which I programmed my number into his phone, and his in mine. Which completely contradicts everything I just said, but you never know, y'know?

The silence continued until his brother finally started showing up in the distance.
Zack's brother, Matt, looks slightly similar to him. You could definitely tell they are brothers, to say the least.
As soon as he spotted us he broke out into a jog until he noticed Zacky on the ground. Matt's eyes widened significantly as he looked at his battered and bruised brother, then to me as he narrowed them.
"What the fuck happened!?!" He yelled at me, looking for answers. I looked up at him in shock mixed with a bit of fear, and felt heat rise to my face. I jerked my face towards the ground.
"Well?" He pushed getting impatient with my non responsiveness.
"This guy from school beat him up." I muttered.
"Why?? How the hell could this happen already?!"
I looked back up at him in shock.

Already. What a terrible thing to say.. Like he expected this to happen sooner or later.

"Let's just go, Matt. I want to go home." Zack muttered.
"Alright. Give me your keys and I'll get the car." Matt replied as Zack handed him his keys.
Matt nodded at me, and then he was off.
I looked at Zack who hasn't really spoken to me.
"Please say something." I whispered.
"What's there to say, Victoria? This was a mistake right? We shouldn't have came here right? This whole thing was stupid right? So let's pretend like none of this did happen. I don't know you, you don't know me. The end."

What.

"Zack that's not what I meant!" I replied hastily.
"Save it." He snaps. "I don't need your God damned pity."
My jaw drops as I stare at him in shock.

What. The. FUCK.

He quickly stands up, while trying to regain his balance, grabs his bagpack, takes his phone from my hands, and walks towards the sound of his car approaching.

I stared at the back of his head in shock while he walked away. I felt a tug at my heart as tears started flooding down my face, so I pulled my knees to my chest, and just let them fall freely.