Chapter one: Two kinds of madness.

My Conversations with Percello

My Conversations with Percello- Introduction 

This book is part fact and part fiction. The structure, or one could say framework of this book is fiction, however, many of the characters, incidents, practices, statements, and views expressed, are factual, based on incidents, information and actual manifestations in everyday reality that has involved the author, either as a participant, a witness, or as someone who be able over the years to demonstrated some of the more unusual aspects and abilities mentioned in this work. The author has spent approximately 43 years studying, practicing and researching various systems of health, healing and martial arts, mainly, but not exclusively, of the Far East. Over that period of time the main emphasis of practice, study and research has been the Daoist Internal Chinese Arts, and the many approaches and practices of the Ancient Tibetan Buddhist and Bön Traditions. He has had the privilege of studying the health, healing and martial aspects with many world class instructors (a list will appear in the back of this book) and he has also received empowerments, transmissions, and instructions from many prominent Tibetan Lamas including H.H. The Dalai Lama, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, H.H. Drubwang Penor Rinpoche, Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche, Chogyal Namkhai Rinpoche, Sogyal Rinpoche, Chagdu Tulku Rinpoche, Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche, Tulku Pema Wangyal Rinpoche, Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche, Khenpo Pema Sherab Rinpoche, Nagpa Chogyam (Nyingma School) His Eminence Ratna Vajra Rinpoche, Lama Jampa Thaye (Sakya School) Geshe Damcho-la (Gelugpa) and H.H. Menri Trizin Lungtok Nyima (ancient Bön Tradition) In 2001, he completed the 900,000 practices of the Nine Preliminary Practices (Ngon-Dro Gu) of the Aa-Trid Kaloong Gyatso (The Ocean of Words and Transmissions on the Instruction of the Mind) one of the three streams of Bönpo Dzogchen under the auspicious direction of Lama Khemsar Rinpoche. Importantly, he has also met some extremely gifted individuals that are having remained completely unknown to either the martial art world or the public in general. Many years were also spent working as a Qigong Therapist at the local Clinic of Chinese Medicine in his home town.  

The object of this book is to encourage free thinking, and to help anyone interested in breaking out of the cultural conditioning which affects every individual on the planet. The main character, Percello, will put forward views and ideas which, at first, may seem alien, but although these are revolutionary views (in the best possible sense) I hope they introduce new radical ways of 'seeing' the world. The techniques and practices introduced in this book should be achievable by anyone genuinely dissatisfied by the questionable values of modern life. Each human being has an infinite potential beyond the limitations we have been taught, and conditioned to accept (much of which in the Western world, is cultural conditioning, for example political, religious and educational). This book does nothing more than point a way out of the prison of concepts, conditioning and restrictive thought and beliefs. So if you decide to march to the beat of your own drum, then continue reading this book and you may come to realize, that the prison door has never been locked. More information on the practices, exercises, (such as The Morning Practice) and other techniques in this book will be given, discussed and explained at the end of the story along with all Percello's quotes and statements......A.J.C. January 5th 4.54 am (Full Moon-rising) Wales, U.K. 

"The ability to perceive or think differently, is more important than the knowledge gained"......David Bohm 

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."......... Albert Einstein 

"In the beginner's mind there are infinite possibilities, but in the experts mind, very few"............ Shunryu Suzuki 

"There is no place in this new kind of physics both for the field and matter, for the field is the only reality"......... Albert Einstein