Epilogue

A month had passed since the Kora was first kidnapped. Now she stood in front of the forest while holding onto a duffle bag. A lot had happened since they left the hospital with Sahale. She and Calanon were together as a happy couple, and Kora was visiting them regularly. Avalon also visited them regularly as she lived nearby in the forest. Sahale had also decided to take charge of the races. Most of them agreed, but the faeries split and left town. They haven’t been seen since. Kane’s followers were given a second chance, naturally, but those who disobeyed were ordered to death.

Surprisingly, Avalon became more active in the human community as she took over at the high school. She became the principal. Kora hardly believed it, but she honestly hoped that the woman would show some restraint when punishing the delinquents time and time again. It also turned out that her brother had developed a crush on “Miss Blair” and spent his time at home flirting with her when she stopped by. Kora only felt the need to throw up at every mention of his feelings for her. Besides, she was way too old for him.

Last of all, Kora was able to attend her boyfriend’s funeral and hang out with her friends as she normally did. But something about her changed. She kept in mind the things that she had learned about each of the races. Thanks to these things, she became more aware of recycling, global warming, and other negative effects against nature that humans did. She also did everything she could to save the rest of the forest that was supposed to be torn away. It also happened to be the same part of the forest that the elves lived in. They were thankful for her actions and she became a friend to their community, as well as the dwarves for her bravery through everything, and even the vampires as they admired her strength and how cocky she was. After the worst week of her life, things were looking up for her once again. She was accepted into college in the next town and was able to get a job. She was also becoming closer to Faelon, who by chance happened to be around her age. He was there to support her and reminded her of Michael in a lot of ways. This truly was a happy ending, and it was all thanks to these people that nobody would have ever thought to be any sort of heroic group.