I want to kiss you~Selena Racter

Third Person POV

Rule number two: DO NOT RELY ON ANYONE! (Especially the ones close to you).

What made you happy today can make you feel sad tomorrow.

What strengthens you today can weaken you tomorrow.

What makes you feel like someone today can make you feel like no one tomorrow.

What makes you feel alive today can kill you tomorrow.

Make yourself happy and grow your own strength because relying on someone is like putting your life in the hands of a person who wants to wipe you off the face of the earth.

You don't know what tomorrow holds for you or the person who supports you.

Building your life by yourself is the safest way to ensure that no one breaks you.

Letting other people build your life gives them the  power to know where your weaknesses and strengths are. They know every button to push to destroy you.

Selena

After hours of talking and kissing, we finally walk back to the hall where the ball is being held.

As we walk down the stairs, I notice that the room is almost empty and is mostly filled with short bold men who are still discussing business; my father included.

Mother is standing next to father with the posture of a submissive; head slightly bowed down, hands held together in the front, body a bit sluggish and her mouth shut. I guess she was removed from the smiling mode due to the matters they are discussing.

Nicholas started dragging me where the men were.

My nerves got the best of me and I withdrew my hand from his, seeing as we were approaching the group.

Thank God that Nicholas didn't pay much attention to it and kept walking.

As if smelling my signature scent of fear, father turns his head to look at me.

"Ah, there they are!" He exclaims towards the other men and leaves my mother to put both Nicholas and I under his arms as a gesture of hugging. "We were beginning to wonder where you were." My father chuckles.

"I hope my son didn't give you a hard time" I look at Macus who is standing opposite to us, says while eyeing his son in a playful way

I was about to say something but my father beat me to it.

"I wouldn't worry about Nicholas, if I were you, he is a good man." Father says, insinuating that I am the problem that he should be worried about.

If Macus got the underlying message to what my father said, he didn't regard it much seeing as he just gave a nod.

"The driver is waiting up front for you if you are ready to go back to the hotel." He says that "if I am ready to go" but by the way he is looking at me, I know that I have no other choice but to leave.

"If you don't mind sir, I will drive her to the hotel seeing as we are staying in the same place. Keep the driver for when you are ready to go back." Nicholas says to my father with so much respect.

"That's actually a good idea. It will help us with publicity if the press sees you two together."

Everything has to turn into business with my father somehow. I am sure that Nicholas had no intention of attracting the attention of the press; he was just kindly offering to drop me at the hotel.

I wanted to tell my father that not everything is not about business, but that would be just asking for it.

"Well, we are leaving now, have a goodnight." Nicholas ignores what my father just said and then he looks at me. "Let's go Selena, I parked my car in the back."