Part 5

Morty stepped through his portal and walked right into a conference room full of Ricks who call themselves the shadow council. Morty sat in his chair at the head of the table waiting for hairdresser Rick to give him a trim. He was holding a mirror admiring himself as one Rick walked in late. "Sorry I'm late mr president, had a little crisis at work". "Worth it!" Another Rick said, lifting a simple Rick's wafer. Morty was getting annoyed with the Ricks already. He was looking away, out the large window of the conference room and in a monotone voice said "It's no problem." He looks at hairdresser rick "a little more off the top" and his face immediately got serious again. "You were saying garment district Rick.." Garment district Rick continued "we were saying 'president Morty' that we don't care who sits in that seat. A Rick, a Morty, a god damned Jerry. It doesn't matter. We've been running the citadel since before the council and you'll find that we're still running it now."

Morty turned in his chair, still holding the mirror up to his face. "Does he really speak for everyone here?" All Ricks started mumbling the words 'yes' 'yep' ' yeah'. The teen turned leaving his back to the Ricks but watching them closely with the mirror. "Well I think it's important to be clear. Raise your hand if he speaks for you." Morty watched many Ricks at the table raising their hands showing where their loyalty lies. With a single snap of Morty's fingers his security shot everyone who had raised their hand. Morty smiled from the satisfaction of hearing the shots, followed by the screaming and thump of falling bodies.

Hairdresser Rick is shocked and confused and asked the president " is that enough off the top?" Scared to disappoint or anger him. Completely content, Morty sits in his chair and lifts his hand to his chin. "I don't know" he turns once again facing the remaining Ricks. "Is it?" The Ricks we're surrounded by president Morty's loyal guards and were afraid to be killed or worse. They were not about to cause trouble or disobey the new leader of the citadel. Quickly all Ricks babbled many 'yess' 'god yess' 'great'. Pleased with their reaction Morty calmly got out of his chair. "Good" he smiled.

Walking towards a desk he starts talking and pouring himself a drink. "This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power." He stood in front of the large window swirling his drink and smiling. "but speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."

Rick had been thinking about Morty for a few days now. The little shit hadn't come back home yet. Where did he go and where would he be needed?! Hell, Rick didn't even need him. Or so he'd say. Rick was wracking his brain thinking about what Morty was doing and what his motives were. He knew that Morty had extremely dangerous weapons, power sources, alien technology, and a secret fucking layer. What had he been doing the last few months? Well obviously he was 'adventuring'...for some reason.

The Smith family hadn't noticed their son's absence even though he'd been gone for days. Guess this family really is self absorbed. But rick just couldn't stop thinking where he was and what he was doing right now. Knowing that he had access to a portal gun opened too many doors.
He sat in his swivel chair in the garage just drinking and tinkering pointlessly, until a quiet beep caught his attention. He looked for the source of the noise and saw that it was coming from his Morty Monitor that he set up in the boy's room to alert him of any movement. He grabbed a gun, shoved it in his lab coat, and ran upstairs.

As he opened the door he was met by his grandson sitting on the bed wearing a black button up shirt with a red tie, and gray pants. He looked...different. He was sitting straight and just staring into space. Because of the trap system rick installed earlier, Morty wasn't able to leave, even with a portal gun. But he made sure that the indestructible walls would let himself in and out as he pleased. He did that by only allowing his exact DNA to pass through.