Chapter 4

Wow.

Corona Virus.

COVID-19.

Quarantine.

George Floyd.

The Entertainment Industry.

Rise in Crime and Immorality.

Cleaner Air and Water Bodies.

A wasted year.

Class 2020.

Politics.

Conspiracy Theories.

Slangs.

Songs.

Memes.

Social Media.

Entertainers.

Artists.

Artistes.

5G.

These, and many more, has characterised the year 2020 for humanity.

What a decade.

2020 really was my year.

I literally went to College, 19 months, 12 days after finishing my Secondary School Education.

I literally had so many business plans during that 19-month period. I had completed at least 2 of those many plans.

The Friday of the week that I resumed College, was the day that the Index case of the Pandemic Virus, was announced in my Country of Residence.

2020 was also a "status quo" year for many people. It was another year for planning to do many things, and then quitting on them.

And, I reiterate, it was the year for many people. Many businesses were to kick off, or fully prosper. Many individuals were to become fulfilled. Many partners were to smile at their progress charts. Many stakeholders were to rake in profit.

And then, COVID-19 ATTACKED.

The first fact about this virus is the fact that it wasn't birthed this decade, nevertheless this year. It began its journey on Earth as far back as 2003.

  Back then, it was known as the SARS COV-2 (or 1). It was a much simpler virus that, though deadly, took, in ratio to today's statistics, much more smaller people away from this lifetime.

After 16 years, according to the WHO,  it came into China and infected a lot of people, through a host believed to be an exotic (foreign) fruit bat.

But, due to some errors in judgement by said organization, the cries of China concerning its escalating cases fell on deaf ears, and it spread to France as early as December, 2019.

By January, 2020, it was in a LOT of countries, and WHO finally sounded the alarm, that a large epidemic is birthed.

By February, 2020, many countries had closed down their borders, and many celebrities were in self-quarantine.

By March,2020, many countries had at least 10 000 dead and 100 000 in critical condition.

By April,  2020, it was practically a Pandemic, and basically 95% of the world was on absolute lockdown.

By May, 2020, many countries had left the lockdown, and more were to Quarantine later in the future, as the first phase of the Pandemic, 1 million confirmed cases, officially, had been achieved.

This is also the month when #BLM was reignited, as George Floyd had died recently, at the time, due to racism, and police injustice.

People were protesting everywhere, online and offline, carrying placards or tweeting #BlackLivesMatter, to the extent that when the U.S. Military intervened, in the U.S.A., Keke Palmer, a very famous Celebrity, asked some of the U.S. Army Officers who were trying to stop the protests due to vandalism, to kneel down at their duty posts after previously understanding that the Officer was not going to leave there.

And so, he would, with the other officers at the duty post kneeling with him, support the #BLM cause, and prevent vandalism of the nearby businesses, and even protect the protesters, all at the same time.

This true life story shows how much hope is available for humanity: a HUMONGOUS amount.

June, 2020, and almost everyone was Celebrating Black Tuesday, Pride Month (these are all facts),  Juneteenth, and Quarantine rules' relaxation.

By July, 2020, the COVID-19 cases had reached 10 million, and almost (or more than) 10% of these people were gone, almost 80% of those gone were 70 years and older; and many people were beginning to adjust to seeing people wearing face masks.

And now, August 2020 mainly features people who made online investments prospering, many people mourning, many people working with as much safety as they can, and, as recent as 1-10 days ago, Jake Blake getting shot 7 times in the back while walking back to his car, and family, by racist police officers, and after separating a fight.

All in all, this has been a very eventful year, filled with, mostly tragedies, but also joy.

Please, let's be Grateful to YHWH for still being alive. Also, let's agree with ourselves, deep within our hearts, to expect the unexpected, and refuse to accept the amoral. Also, let's not keep silent, as silence is an action. May God help us all, in the pursuit of righteousness.

STAY SAFE 😷.

SEE Y'ALL SOON. YHWH BLESS.