The Earth that Kindles the Fire

A/N: I guess this was more a filler chapter than anything, but there's still valuable character/plot development in here! I hope you guys enjoy!!

CHAPTER ANTHEMS:
Oh Raven (Sing Me a Happy Song) by Unlike Pluto
Through Glass by Stonesour
Solo by Prismo
Make a Difference by Blacktop Mojo
Caring is Creepy by The Shins
Blood Bank by Bon Iver

It was about the mid-afternoon, and though his stomach was growling, Midoriya could not move from his spot on his bed. His mind was a jumbled mess. His mind had been racing in the morning about how he had slept in the same bed as you, feeling your warmth close to his, and it had left him so air-headed in that morning. Almost so much that it had left him practically speechless.

Midoriya hadn't pushed you when you ran off to your dorm, figuring that you were probably just as embarrassed as he was about the sleepover, but he had been wise in giving you your space. After all, he knew first-hand how bad of an idea it was to push you past a line you didn't want to cross.

When he had gotten to his dorm room, Midoriya had lied in bed, remembering the events of the night. It was so weird how you just...came over and talked with him. Not to say that Midoriya was complaining, but he did have to admit how 180 it had been. It was like you had become a completely different person with him.

Or was that what you were like when you weren't pressured by the world to be the best?

It had kept him in bed almost to the point where he was going to be late for the meeting about the graduating internships. He had scrambled to get dressed, brushing his hair and applying deodorant before racing out the hallway. However, when Midoriya had gotten to the staircase, he had been shocked to see Uraraka slouched against the wall.

"Uraraka!"

She hadn't responded, and Midoriya practically skipped down the steps to get to her. Uraraka seemed to be asleep, but when Midoriya placed a hand on her shoulder, she awoke with a jolt.

"Hah? What's going on?"

"Uraraka, are you okay?"

Uraraka's face had turned an embarrassed shade of red, but Midoriya hadn't commented on it. Instead, the woman tried to reassure him.

"Oh, I'm fine! I promise! I, uh...I think I am a bit more tired than I thought. I sat down for a moment, you know?"

Midoriya hummed before saying.

"Ah, that doesn't sound good, Uraraka. We should take you to Recovery Girl."

Uraraka opened her mouth, but she closed it when her stomach began to swim. Midoriya wrapped an arm around her hip, helping the girl up, and Uraraka almost fainted right there.

"You don't have to help me, Deku! I'm okay!"

"No way. Come on, let's go. We can't miss the meeting."

Uraraka hadn't protested, and when Midoriya had helped her down the stairs, his mark began to burn almost painfully. Glancing over, he could see you staring at the two of you in shock. Why did you look surprised? Was there something on his face?

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Deku?!"

Midoriya's heart dropped into his throat, and he gulped. Thankfully, Kirishima was keeping Bakugo at bay, and Asui asked in concern, jumping up a bit.

"Whoa, what happened, Ochako?"

Uraraka let a hand up, apologizing as she chuckled in embarrassment.

"I'm fine! I just...fainted in the hallway. Deku found me."

Midoriya nodded, adding as his gaze seemed to search around the room for that special face.