Candyce

Desiree POV

"Do yall remember somebody named Vince"

Once the name Vince left my lips it seems like everybody froze. I was back at my dads house and I was chillin with the boys in the den.

"Hello!!" I said

"Why tf you asking" Key said

"Why you cussing for" I asked "and I was just asking a question damn"

"And again I ask why are you even asking" he said

I rolled my eyes and dismissed him. I was irritated now and over the situation.

It ended up getting real quite and it was only making me madder so I got up and left out the den. Key always being extra'd tf out. He probably just don't like him and mad about me bringing him up. And I hate when Key yell at me like he somebody. Like he the oldest and he like my brother and I respect him but don't nobody yell at me. EVER!

I walked upstairs to my room and slammed the door. I laid down on my bed and tried to calm down. It didn't take long for my mind to wander on to something else. I starting thinking about new stuff I could put in my room. I wanted a new bed and a few new things in here. Maybe a new dresser and some bean bag chairs. I also was thinking about painting my walls. This is my second home now and everybody else room was decorated how they wanted so I wanted to do mine also.

I wasn't doing anything now so I just decided to get up and go looking. I didn't wanna be alone but I didn't have anybody to call. I didn't want to call Trina because I didn't want her to think I was moving out officially. I didn't feel like being with anybody in this house right now. I just said forget it and decided to go alone.

I went to the furniture store and looked around completely lost not knowing where to go. A female who worked inside the store came up to me and introduced her self as Candyce and asked if I needed any help. I desperately agreed and told her what I wanted and she took me to the beds section.

"Are you just moving out here or something" she asked

I shook my head, "nah just tryna redecorate a bit"

"I feel you" she said "I just moved out here from Florida about a year ago"

"Really!" I said. I've never been to Florida but I've always wanted to go. I've actually never really been out of the state. I've been on a plane to Vegas, Nevada but I mean Vegas don't count cause who hadn't been?

She laughed "yea" "have you been"

"I've never been to the east coast" I said "and I here it is fun as hell"

"Florida is lit af" she boasted "it's always a party on the east coast"

I nodded and my mind started to wander. I didn't even notice that we had already got to the beds section. Then I heard her talking and finally snapped out my daze

"I'm sorry what'd you say" I said whipping my head around

She chuckled a bit "what size bed are you looking for"

I knew what color I wanted but I never really thought what size. In the house right now it was a full size bed. It was just enough for me and I could've settled on another but why settle for less.

"A king" I replied

She pointed to the king sized beds "they should all be over there" she said. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Well, I said I wanted someone to shop with and I still needed help finding a few more things. She seemed cool and like good company and I mean she worked at the damn store. She knows a few things. "Can you stay with me and help me pick a few things?"

She smirked a bit and nodded. We went over to the beds and looked around at all of them. It didn't take me long to pick out two that I liked the best. I asked Candyce to pick between the two. It was either the Naples Wingback Button Tufted Upholstered King Bed or the Jillian Upholstered King-Sized Bed.

She chose the Jillian Upholstered and I couldn't agree more. This bed was absolutely perfect.

After picking the bed we picked the dressers that I wanted and we got a cute nightstand to match the dressers. She helped me pick out comforters and pillows and blankets and all that jazz and then I was done. We had been in here a solid 2 and half hours but the time went by so quick. Candyce was excellent company.

My total was about 3,500$ and some change but that was nothing. They said my stuff would be delivered in about a week and they would set it up and everything. I was super excited. I still needed to pick paint and all that but it could wait for another day. As long as I got it done before the week was over.

After she charged me for everything she offered to walk me out.

We went all the way to my car still laughing and giggling with our conversations.

"Welp" i said "thank you very much Ms. Candyce"

"Please" she scoffed in a playful way

"No really" I said "you helped a lot cause I'm very indecisive"

"Well then no problem Ms. Desiree" she said "hopefully I can see you again and maybe I can take you to my home town" she said

I smirked "we'll see"

She winked, then smiled then walked away back to the building.

I got in my car and pulled away. I wasn't gay, obviously, as I've never been attracted to girls in that way but Candyce was cool. She was really chill and down to earth.