Chapter 7

Tommy screamed into the forest as he ran. Why?! Why was he forced into this-? Why did he have to choose! Breathing heavily, he ran faster, his mind buzzing.

His toes hit a rock and he stumbled, hurting himself in the fall. Cussing, he held his foot in pain. Might as well sit down here. Feeling the grass underneath his feet, he recoiled at the wet strands. He'd forgotten it had been raining. He wouldn't have forgotten if he'd seen...

Clutching his head he rocked back and forth. He had to decide between... Staying like this- or losing his memories? He continued screaming, in anguish and desperation. Why?! He'd done nothing wrong! Angry tears collected in his eyes and blinked away after, but they kept coming and wouldn't stop.

Bawling his eyes out in the forest might not be the most productive thing he could do with his time, but he sure as hell won't stop now. Sniffling, he still couldn't choose. On one hand, he'd continue living like this, being babied by everyone and unable to live normally again. But on the other hand he gets to see life again! At the cost of-...of losing everything.

He.. He's made his decision. It should have been obvious since the beginning.

He carefully retraced his steps, which was easy since he'd only run in a straight line. He's surprised neither of the two men didn't chase after him after he left. Maybe Techno did change...unlike him. Clearing those thoughts from his head, he accidentally bumped into a corpse. Touching it, he identified it being a Raider, with a rather large sword wound through his chest. It also smelled rotten and disgusting.

Gripping his nose, he tried to retrace the steps to the house. As he approached it, he heard a noise. "Wilbur, are you sure about this?" A deep voice questioned behind the door.

"Of course Techno."

"But what if he... takes you up on your offer?"

"Then I guess we will have to live with a new Tommy."

"How... How can you be so nonchalant about this?"

"Are you out of your bloody mind? Do you think the guilt won't eat me alive, everyday until my own permadeath? No, of fucking course not. " Wilbur takes a moment before continuing breathlessly, "...but this isn't our choice. It's his."

He creaks the door open. He could almost see the tension in the room rising every single second. This was it. This was the decision that will affect him forever.

"I... I'm not running away again guys. For real thi-...this time." His voice breaks. He felt his hand get pulled and he crashed into someone's arms. They held him fiercely while someone else hugged him from the other side. "I'm sorry..." He says in a high pitched voice, leaning further into the embrace.

Techno whispered "We're just happy you didn't die." and he felt Wilbur elbow the pig for his blunt delivery.

Despite his tears staining the others' shirts, he only clenched tighter. The now forever blind boy felt overwhelmingly accepted. And through all of these smothering emotions, Tommy couldn't help but smile.

These hugs might feel different. But that's not a bad thing at all.

(UPDATE!! THE SEQUEL IS OUT :DD Its called A Sight to See- go check it out on my profile~!!)