CHAPTER 9 - BLACK DAHLIA MURDERS III (Resolution)

KENNETH

WELL, IT WAS OBVIOUS.
Hannah was definitely faking her tears, and I think that she's just trying to look sad here. Malay mo hindi naman sila close ng kapatid niya kaya hindi siya masyadong affected sa pagkamatay ni Angel.

But if your sibling died, would you cry no matter how close you two are?

Well, of course I would. Iiyak ako kung mamamatay ang kapatid ko 'no, but that's a different matter kasi malapit kaming dalawa.

Despite of that, I have a suspect in mind. I don't know if that person really is capable of killing Angel.

Well, I only need a single, solid proof that can point out that that person really is the suspect.

"Sir, I'll have a final wrap around the house." I said. The two inspectors nodded and I headed upstairs to check the second floor.

But before I could reach the stairs, Delancy pulled me back and snarled in my ear, "Going to check lady underwears upstairs, Talion? Tip: they're in the drawers."

I pushed her away and glared at her. "I'm not that type of person, Delancy. At paano mo naman nalaman na nasa drawers? Doing a little snooping, huh?" I gave her a smirk before I left just to show her that I'm not someone she can easily push around.

I walked up the stairs and looked around the second and final floor of the house. The second floor was divided in three rooms. Maybe the twins weren't that close, which was probably the reason why their rooms are separated.

I entered the first room in the right, it was large, the walls were in the royal prints of green, and bookshelves were beside the dark brown four-poster bed. The bed was white and king-sized, and everything was beautifully arranged. A frame of a happy family stood at the bedside table, beside an American guy's altar. He had Angel and Hannah’s features, probably their father.

I entered the room on the left and saw Gwen standing in the middle of the room, holding a basketball on her hands. The room was pale yellow. Everything was pale yellow and white. May colour coding ba ang buong pamilya nila?

"What are you doing here, Talion?" Gwen turned, casting me a look from her golden eyes.

I shrugged and walked towards her. "Finding clues, I guess. Ikaw?"

She bounced the ball with her right hand before answering my question, "Same."

I didn't know why but somehow Gwen made me feel a little weird. Maybe it was because of her cold personality and the mystery that her character brings. She was a fun past time, you could try to deduce her whole personality, but you can't get all of it correctly.

Gwen could incapacitate you with just a single glare. I don't know how she does it, but she just does and it scares me a little. Whenever I was around her, I felt a little creeped out. Funny thing was, she was only my shoulder-level but her whole self seemed to be a hundred feet tall.

"Not that I care," she began, dropping the ball to the ground. "But are you cheating on Casey with that Delancy woman?"

Seriously?

"Gwen," I said carefully. "Ano ka ba? Ang gwapo-gwapo ko, sa tingin mo papasa sa standards ko yung mga babaeng katulad ni Delancy? If Doofenshmirtz had Perry the Platypus to ruin his inators and schemes, I have Delancy to ruin my life! Gwen, she's just my archnemesis."

Now, before anyone gets the wrong impression, Delancy and I were grade-school enemies. We met when we were on fourth grade. She was the classroom's president while I was the classroom's trouble-maker. Sobrang sungit ni Delancy, I had a bet with my friends once na maaga mamamatay 'tong gurang na ito sa sobrang sungit.