Prologue

Guys,

Yes, I know I shouldn't be thinking about another story when my other stories haven't been updated from months. This particular plot was in my mind from a long time but thought to wait until the current ones finish but after reading a documentary in the last week with a slightly similar concept, I wasn't able to concentrate on anything until I typed it down and thought to share the prologue with you people. And today is 'Onam', an official state festival of Kerala, and consider this story as an 'Onasammanam' (Onam gift) to all of you. Hope you will like this concept and support me as always.

About my other stories, I am working on them but like I said before my health isn't perfect yet, and thus I guess I will only be able to update any of the three by next week or so but I promise I will update the next part of all the other stories before starting this one. And according to the previous poll, the next story to update is 'Love or Law' so I will be updating that but if the preferences have been changed please let me know in one or two days.

Oh and yes, a very very happy and prosperous Onam everyone. 

Maahi

At the age of twenty-seven, except for a one-bedroom apartment in the cheapest area of the town and the love and support of a ten-year-old boy, all Dr. Khushi Katherine Gupta, a struggling general physician in the city of California had was a lot of confidence, positivity and hard work, which obviously paid off with time and almost two years later she was able to shift to a much better apartment, enroll the kid in the best school of the locality and most importantly was able to crack the entrance examination for masters and get admission in one of the reputed universities of the states.

While on the other side of the world, Dr. Arnav Malik, the twenty-eight-year-old cardiac surgeon and the youngest son of the the third generation of the Delhi based doctors' family Maliks had everything one could wish for and more, both personally and professionally. A family who dotted on him, a girlfriend who loved him to the moon and back, friends, and colleagues who adored him, a career one can only dream of in such a young age, the position of the chairman of Malik hospitals Pvt. Ltd. and the fifty-percent inheritance of everything Maliks owned in addition to the sole ownership of the fortune of Raizadas. If anything he lacked, it was the parents' love, at the tender age of eighteen he lost the one whose love he cherished and he despised the remaining one with a passion. But alas after one year when life tested him in the worst possible way, the only person who was on his side other than his little butterfly was the one he hated more than a decade of his life.

Five years down the line, Dr. Raizada and Dr. Gupta was the best team in handling the complicated cases in the cardiology department of the Redemption Hospital (RH), New York, and in the personal front ... well, that is a bit complicated because they knew nothing about their lives as the charming Arnav Malik and the bubbly Khushi Gupta but know enough about ASR and Kathie for one to call them friends.

And from the moment he laid his eyes on her, Arnav was aware of the palpable tension between them and it only grew as they started to work together. But after almost three years of seeing each other daily, it was almost a month-long separation which made him doubt that was the attraction only limited to the physical aspect. But another four days of avoiding her in self debates to sort out his thoughts and a long conversation with their common friends finally made him ask her out on a date. And as always it took only one look at her captivating hazel eyes for him to read the array of emotions in them. First, there was compassion which turned into confusion and then to shock, surprise, relief, and then finally something similar to happiness in them? And then her 'yes' in that ever so sweet voice which was a little giddy with excitement was all it took for Dr. Arnav Singh Raizada to realize that he did the right thing by asking Kathie aka Dr. Khushi Katherine Gupta out on a date and he wants to ... no needs to explore whatever it was between them and the notion of never-being-in-a-relationship-again can go to hell.

Please leave your thoughts and until next time stay safe and stay healthy.