1. Welcome To New York

As I ditched my three suitcases and guitar case at the top of the long staircase leading up to my hotel room I glanced out of a window next to the door. It was a cold, but Surprisingly sunny winter morning, the sky was a pale blue, not a cloud in sight, and the tall buildings and skyscrapers of New York looked magical in the dazzling early morning light. The streets below were swarming with the people of New York, rushing to get to their work, talking rapidly to people on their phones, and holding cardboard cups of coffee. I fumbled with my new key in the lock of my room's door and turned the handle. It was a simple hotel room, a bed with crisp, white sheets, complete with two wooden bed-side tables, a small flat-screen TV opposite, and an en-suite bathroom. I flung myself on the bed after dragging my bags through the doorway. I was here to find myself a new life, to find fame all I had was a few belongings, money and my guitar. I scraped my long dark hair into a messy bun, unzipped one of my bags and pulled out my diary. It's cover and pages were creased and torn, and there were more than a few coffee stains throughout the whole book, but it had shared my journey with me, every step of the way. I flipped my way through to find a fresh page and looked around for a pencil. As I was flicking through the pages I found an entry from last week.... "I still don't know what to do, he seems sorry, but if I go back, I know he'll just do the same again and again...." And it goes on. I roll my eyes and stuff the diary in the top drawer of the bed-side table on the left. I couldn't be bothered to write, so I just flopped down on the soft, fluffy pillows, but something sharp was digging into my shoulder. It was my golden locket, clasped shut. I was just about to open it, but instead I tossed it in the drawer alongside my diary of my eventful (To say the least) life. I came here for a new start, to finally find myself a life, and that's what I was going to. "Theres no one stopping my this time," I thought to myself, "I'm going to make something of my life"

It was just before eleven when I woke up the next morning, I was awoken by a loud knock on my door, so I crawled out of the mountain of bed sheets and swung the door open to reveal a silver tray of food on the floor. "Pft, they didn't even bother waiting for a few seconds," I thought as I carried the tray back over to my mess of a bed. When I was about half way through my breakfast, my phone made a sort of 'PING' sound. It was Chelsea. "Hi Vicky, I hope u have a nice time in New York, miss u (: xxxx" I typed out a reply and took a deep breath, fighting to stop the stinging sensation in my eyes. I guess I will miss my friends from back home, but I really need to do this. When I was just about to put my breakfast tray outside the door, I noticed a sign outside the window, a big, flashing, neon sign attached to one of the skyscrapers, reading 'Welcome To New York' shone brightly. I smiled and looked over at my guitar in the corner of the room. I was going to do this, no matter how bad I wanted to go back home.