Three

Three weeks. Thee weeks had passed since she told Cal about the baby and their lives had already changed. Cal needed to go back to Boston to pack his things and get a reassignment while she worked to get him a new name. She had one too, it was for their safety. They decided to buy a house in the city... well actually they were still looking for it when Cal came back.

It was a lazy Friday morning when she woke up, finding the hotel bed empty. Emily got herself into a sitting position and it was in that moment she noticed. Cal was sitting on the edge of the bed on his computer. She headed in his direction, hugging him from behind and locking her legs around his torso.

"Good morning" he said, running a hand on her bare leg.

She used to sleep in one of his shirts when he left from Boston and once he came back she kept doing it. He loved it, they suited her well and she was so cute.

"Mmh morning" she greeted him, kissing the back of his neck.

He tilted his head to let her kiss him better before reaching her mouth in a tender peck.

"I just got an email from the lady that was selling the apartment we saw online two days ago. She told me that we can visit it today" he explained, letting her see his laptop screen.

"That's amazing! When would we be able to?" she asked smiling.

They found that little apartment for a pure coincidence, scrolling on a website. It was not far from the city center, it had an open space for the living room and the kitchen, a bathroom, the main bedroom and a small study, which they thought could work for the baby's nursery for now.

"I told her we were free from 5pm, since we need to be at the ultrasound appointment at 3pm. We can go there, stop at the bakery to have a snack and then go to the apartment" he had already made a plan that allowed them not to have a rush during the day.

"It's perfect" she smiled.

A few hours later they were in the cab, heading towards the clinic. They really had to buy a car, it would have been more useful, but they had time, for now they needed a house more. His hand found her knee, softly stroking it and she snuggled against him, smiling.

Once they arrived at the clinic they waited on some uncomfortable chairs. They didn't actually know if the chairs were really comfortable or they were just nervous.

"Are you ok?" Emily asked him, seeing his leg shaking.

"Uhm... I'm nervous. What if something is wrong? What if we messed up the day and we needed to come tomorrow? Is the hour correct?" she took his hand, giving it a little squeeze .

"It's ok Cal, no need to panic now. The day is correct and the hour too, they should call us in a minute. It's gonna be alright" she gave him a reassuring smile and he answered with a nod.

"Miss Vanek?" the doctor came into the room, searching for her.

"Here, nice to meet you" she greeted her by shaking her hand and she gave her a sympathetic smile.

Once they were alone in the room the doctor started to explain everything, all things that Emily did remember from her previous pregnancy but obviously Cal didn't. To her surprise he also did ask a couple questions to be ready in case she needed him.

Once the questions were finished Emily laid down, pulling the shirt up, ready for the ultrasound. Cal instinctively took her hand in his, ready to support her and also let her support him. He didn't really know what to expect, could they be able to see the baby already? Could they hear the heartbeat? He didn't know. All he wanted was that both Emily and the baby were fine.