ā˜†Just Sleepā˜† - Mello X Near

⚠️TW of  Murder & maybe some gore! Please don't read if you are sensitive to these topics⚠️

⚠️The Nightmares are not true to the anime so please don't think the backstory kind of thing is real⚠️

Nears POV:
It's the same every nightmare every time I fall asleep... the one my....
Past...

No-one know about these nightmares, no-one cares enough to know. I knew I would have to deal with them alone, I've dealt with everything alone since the day I arrived at Wammys. But, my emotions around this dream and when I first wake up are getting to hard to handle. I can cover up how I feel in the day time after I get ready, but when I wake up, scared and alone, it's hard.

   Which is why I'm dreading tonight. They are doing something to my room, something about lights (slight pun) I don't know, I wasn't paying to much attention to what they were telling me. The only part I listened to was the fact I had to stay in Mello's room until it was done.

Why Mello? If all people.

They know Mello hates me and has a very short temper, yet they still do this. I guess I'm overthinking, all I have to do is control my nightmares and how I react for however long I'm with him, after all, I don't want him to see me  in that state. He won't let me hear the end of it.

///Short time skip///

   The time of day that I was dreading seemed to dawn on me quicker than ever today. The other hours of the day were very boring. I just had my toys in the corner of Mello's room, I didn't see him at all, he was probably ranting to Matt about me staying with him.

Poor Matt.

Anyways, it's 12:23am and I'm just laying in bed listing to Mellos snoring from the bunk above me.  As hard as it is for me to admit, I'm too scared to sleep. I don't want to go through it all again. I have to re-live that trama every time I sleep. But, because I am a human, I have to sleep, my body needs it, despite my fear, my lack of sleep seemed to show more, making me feel too sleepy. My eyes shut as fell into the darkness

///Near's Dream///

  I was running and panting, but I couldn't stop. The man was chasing me, with the knife he used to kill parents in hand.

How did this happen?
Why does this haunt me in my nights?

///random flashback so you get then dream XD 3rd person POV///

It was just a normal day, little Nate was playing with his toys by the fire his farther was staring and  his mother knitting behind him. When suddenly there was a huge smash as a tall man busted his way through the window of their small house, the man was armed with a knife. Near hid behind his mother as she got up and his father ran at the man with one of the things he kept by the fire to try and protect him, this, was unsuccessful. He man ended up stabbing Near father right infrount of the boy and his mother. The man then looked to the small boy and his mother, his smile twisted as he pointed to the both of them with his now bloody knife. Near was shaking from behind his mother and his mother was crying. As the man charged towards them his mother picked Near up and ran outside with him. The man went hurdling into the wall and let out a cry. When Near and his mother were in the forest outside the house Nears mother put him down gently. "Nate, I need to run, don't look back, I'm going to call the police as we run, ok?" Near just nodded, he was still terrified from what just happened. But, nonetheless him and his mother began running as his mother spoke to the police. Despite how far the both of them had ran into the woods the man was able to find them. He was running behind the both of them, screaming words that most likely were not English. The crazy man then threw his knife when he had a good angle to do so, the knife stabbed through his mothers right ankle making her fall over. She yelled to Near to keep running but, he couldn't just leave his mother there...