Chapter three

"K-Kakashi?!" I exclaimed.

"Hey ___. Surprised to see you here."

"Yea, same to you. How have you been?"

Kakashi shrugged and stood up then offered his hand out to me. I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up.

"I've been okay. You?"

"I've been... busy. How much did you-"

"Uh, I've been here for a while."

"Oh... well this is kind of awkward."

We both laughed.

"When did you get back?" He asked me.

"I got back today. I had time so I thought I'd come and visit them."

"I see. I just visited Rin. I was just coming to see Obito."

"Oh.. okay" I laughed. "Jeez, I'm being soo awkward."

Kakashi chuckled. "Yea a bit. How about I walk you home?"

I nodded and started walking, then I stopped. I've ignored it for a while, but I've been feeling like I'm being watched. I looked over, but there was no one there. Kakashi walked over to me, and we walked towards my house together.

"So how have you been? What have you been up to lately?" I asked. "It's been a while since I've seen you."

Kakashi shrugged. "The same old. Failed another team, had a few fights with Gai, and I've been reading Icha Icha. You?"

"Just going on missions and hanging with my new "Brother"," I added air quotes when I said, brother.

"Brother?"

I nodded. "Sensei's kid Naruto. He's like my little brother now."

"Oohhh I see. Well, I'm glad he has someone how. "

"You know him?"

"I know a little about him. Just the basics. The villagers don't like him and he doesn't have many friends."

"Ah, I see." After that, we walked in silence. Once we arrived at my house, Kakashi stopped me before I went inside.

"uh-... How about we hang out sometime... to catch up and stuff. I've..." Kakashi paused and then mumbled, "missed you."

I giggled and poked his cheek. "Awww is Kakashi getting nervous around his childhood crush?" I teased.

Kakashi rolled his eyes and smacked my head with his book. "Ow, Hey!"

"I'll see you tomorrow at 8 for our date," Kakashi said before he walked away.

How rude.

~~~the next day~~~

The next day I got to sleep in. I slept until about 2, showered, got dressed, and headed out. I walked to the academy and managed to make it there just before Iruka let the students leave for the day. All of the students flooded out of the door, and I walked inside. Naruto was being scolded by Iruka in the classroom.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"____!" Naruto exclaimed. "Iruka sensei was just-" Iruka cut him off.

"Naruto was goofing off again in class. " Iruka said. "He interrupted my lesson and disrupted the class, so im scolding him."

"Naruto Uzumaki!" I said. "How could you? Iruka let me handle his punishment." I said.

Iruka paused for a moment and then nodded. "Alright then. Naruto you can go." Naruto gulped before leaving the classroom with me. "So... what's my punishment?" Naruto asked.