Chapter 25

The Rookie genin squads and the other genin squads from Konoha had arrived at the entrance of training ground 44 after about fifteen minutes of walk from the Konoha academy. Even the genins from Kumogakure, Sunagakure, Otogakure and the two remaining genins squads from Amegakure had arrived and were waiting for the proctor to give further instructions for the second part.

"What do you think the second part will be like? Ibiki-san sure made the written exam seem very stressful…" Sakura stated.

"Beats me. I assume it will be more practical and definitely harder than the first exam." Shikamaru replied with a yawn. He had pretty much slept through the written part and it was only in the last ten minutes or so that he answered the questions that he knew of. However, he knew he was a tad bit lucky to have gotten through the first part. Even Shino and Sasuke nodded, agreeing with the Nara.

"That forest just seems a little too scary for my taste. I just hope the second part gets over soon too." Choji stated. He had already finished through all the food he had and was starting to get hungry again. Ino got a little ticked off at Choji's constant hunger and just turned to move beside Sasuke, much to his displeasure. While most of the genins talked among themselves, there was one Amegakure genin who quietly stood at the back and kept her eyes focused on the Uchiha. Hinata looked around herself, seeing which all teams actually remained and when her gaze fell upon that Amegakure genin at the back, a cold shiver ran up her spine on seeing the look at that shinobi's eye.

Unbeknownst to the genins, Anko was sitting atop a tall tree by the entrance of the training ground 44. She gazed over at the genins and chuckled at how calm most of them appeared. All of that would soon change in a matter of few minutes. 'Oh, I can't wait to have fun with these little ones…' she thought with a sadistic laugh. She promptly jumped off the tree and landed in front of the group of genins as she made her presence known to them.

"Welcome to my home! Training ground 44, also known as the Forest of Death!" Anko stated out loud, a little too cheerfully. Most of the teams immediately fell quiet on hearing the name. "For the second part of the chunin exams, each team will be given a heaven, or an earth scroll. Once all the teams enter the forest, you'll have five days to collect the other scroll and report to the building on the far north of the forest. Although, it is frowned upon, killing an opponent during the exam is allowed. Also, if you open the scroll before reporting to the building, you will be disqualified." Anko gave a brief detail.

As she expected, most of the participants now seemed to be a little afraid at the prospect of spending five days within that forest. Sensing the fear from so many genins, honestly filled her with glee. She was truly going to have a spectacular time seeing all these genins struggle.

"Oh, man. What if we end up dying accidentally. And considering Raikage-sama's temper, he wages war on Konoha? And then because two of the great five villages start a war, it could possibly spark the fourth great shinobi war." Murmured a dark-skinned Kumo ninja with white hair. His mind kept popping up these impossible scenarios that kept making him tense up with every passing second.

"Oh, shut up Omoi. It's your habit to overthink stuff. Do you have that little faith in your abilities. And these Konoha genins don't look that strong anyway." A dark skinned kunoichi with long spiky red hair berated her teammate. "I seriously mean it, Karui. Think about it…" Omoi replied as he slightly shifted in his spot. He couldn't help but think about all these scenarios. Their third teammate, Samui sighed at Karui and Omoi's constant bickering. The two were always arguing with each other and never gave it a moment's rest. Unlike her teammates, she was an extremely reserved person and only spoke when it was necessary. She also doubted if the other genins were as weak as Karui thought them to be. The Uchiha and the Hyuga clan were known through out the shinobi world and could not be underestimated at all. Moreover, the red-haired shinobi from Sunagakure and the Ame kunoichi made her feel uneasy. Though it wasn't much, she could feel the blood lust radiating from the red-haired Suna shinobi.