Chapter Two: The Club and The Thereafter.

Sky's P.O.V

We reach the club and find a table.

"Whats everyone having to drink? My treat." Jack says, clapping his hands together.

The girls look at eachother and say "Cocktails."

Bridge squeezes himself between the girls. "I'll take whatever the girls are drinking" he says, wrapping his arms around them. My jealousy rises.

"Sky?" Jack's turned to me, awaiting my response.

"Just a coke." Jack rolls his eyes and decides not to argue.

After two hours of drinks and small talk, I finally decided to call it. Bridge was off his head, trying to chat up a coaster. Jack is talking to some girl. Z and Syd are gossiping and applying lip gloss to eachother.

I call the group and they all agree to come back. We get back and Bridge does his falling asleep whilst standing up number. He fell asleep on my arm. He's so cute. I pick him up to carry him to our room but before I can, Syd takes a picture.

I brush it off since she's our friend. She probably just wanted a photo to remember this night.

I get Bridge back to our room and lay him down and take off his shoes. I go to pull his blanket over him, when..

"Stay with me."

"What?" I looked at the sleeping figure, his blanket clenched between my hands.

"Stay with me." He says again, moving closer to the wall so I could get in.

I slip off my shoes and climb in with him, letting the blanket drape itself over us.

He reached over and wrapped an arm around my waist. My breathing stopped.

"Thanks for staying with me." He whispers, his face centimeters from mine.

"Anytime." I whisper back, wrapping an arm around him, pulling him closer to me.

He closed the gap between us and kissed me. The kiss quickly got heated and Bridge removes my shirt as we stopped for air. He went back to kissing me. I kissed I'm back, loving every second.

Then I remembered. I pulled away. Bridge was drunk and he would not remember this in the morning no matter how long he would stand on his head. Hell, he wasn't even really awake right now. I cuddled him into me and tried to forget that happened.

I'm not even drunk. I'm going to remember this forever. The time when I thought Bridge liked me. But he doesn't. He's drunk.

I drift off to sleep, him pressed against my bare skin.

I wake to a loud "What the Fuck?!"

Bridge was staring straight at me. I'm still hugging him.

"I.. I'm sorry.. You.. you asked me.." I stuttered. He pushed me away.

"Sky.." Bridge looks hurt. I would never take advantage of him, he asked me.. I shouldn't have stayed like that.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I got out of bed, put a shirt on and grabbed my uniform. "I'll just go."

I head out of our room and down the hall. I hear Bridge follow me, shouting me, but I keep walking, a tear strolling down my cheek.

Bridge's P.O.V

I watch Sky walk away from me. I yell after him, my tears rolling down my face. I didn't want him to leave, I was just shocked. I love him. I just have never told him.

I don't know why I reacted the way I did. I guess I was just shocked that he'd actually sleep with me and hug me when I slept. It was so nice. It was warm and it felt safe.

"Goddamn it!" I yelled after sky had gone.

"What happened?" Syd asked, emerging from her room, obviously hearing the commotion.

Syd is the only person who knows I'm gay. It sort of just slipped out one day.

I pulled her into my room. "I ruined it." I said to her once the door shut. "I know I'm not allowed to date him but I've ruined what chance I have. Or had. Or will ever have. You know what I mean." I run my hand through my hair then leave my head in my hands.

"What did you do? Did you tell him?"

"No," I lift my head to look at her, "I couldn't tell him. It's just.. I woke up and he was shirtless, hugging me, in my bed, the shock got to my head and I pushed him away from me. Then he told me I asked him to stay, but I don't remember so I must have been asleep. Then he said sorry and left. And now I just want him back."

Syd thinks for a second before opening her phone. "I took this last night, you fell asleep on Sky so he carried you back here." I look at the photo of my sleeping figure in his arms. I look so small in his arms. "He cares about you, Bridge, I think he just thought you were mad at him."

I cried a little more at this statement. She was right, I know he cares about me. But he doesn't love me and now I've ruined it with him. He wouldn't even turn back to me.

"Thanks, Syd." I stand and hug her.

The door opens and Sky walks in. "Oh," his eyes look bloodshot as if he'd been crying. I let go of Syd. "Sorry." He throws his clothes onto his bed and leaves.

"Great. Now he probably thinks I like you." I say to Syd, "No offense."

"None taken." She laughs, making me laugh. "I'm sure he'll come round. He probably just doesn't want to make you more mad."

"Your right."

"Rangers to the command center immediately!"

Syd and I run out and down the corridor to the command center, meeting the others there.

Commander Cruger turns to us to talk but Sky jumps in, his usual authoritative voice back.

"Commander, I would like to sit this mission out with this letter explaining why."

Cruger snatches the letter from Sky and skims it.

"Garanted, Tate." He puts the letter down.

Kat jumps in, speaking to the rest of us, "Alien activity in sector 12, I'd like you to check it out."

We head out. Me racking my brain as to what could have been in that letter for Cruger to have granted it so easily.

But work is work. It'll have to wait.

~~~

Word count: 1059

Hey guys.

This is going to be a fun book. I can already tell. I don't know how long it's going to be. But I'll try and make it last to ten parts.

I'm really happy with this story line so far and in my head it's going to be a rocky road.

Enjoy

Kyla xx