Chapter five: Blue and Green.

~A week later~

Bridge P.O.V

"Check, Check, Check. You are free to leave." The doctor leaves me and Syd comes over.

"Here." I pass Peanuts back to her but she refuses.

"Go give him to Sky, he needs him more than me at the minute."

"Wait. I can go see him." She nods and I run from the room.

Z and Jack are standing at the viewing window talking but I completely ignore them.

I saw him, connected to wires, to machines, covered in bruises. I could see him through the cracks in the blinds. His bruises were turning the blue-green colour. I didn't even notice the others leave. All I was focused on was him.

I let myself into his room, shutting the door carefully behind me.

"Hi Sky." I say, trying to start a normal conversation. All rationalization gone. "Syd asked me to give you Peanuts. She said he would keep you company." I tuck the grey, stuffed animal under his arm, making sure only to move him slightly as if I could wake him at any moment.

Wouldn't that be something, hey? For him to wake up. For him to be okay. Even for him to just yell at us for some rule we broke. Something. Anything.

I realize my tears had just been falling.

"Sky, if you can hear me, please listen. I love you okay. I love you. And I don't care about the rules or SPD, I just want to be with you. I don't want to hide my feelings any more. Please, when you get out of here, we'll go. We'll just go and we'll be us and I'll be able to kiss you. And hug you. And we'll be us. No rules. No monsters. Please, Sky, I want to be with you." I took a deep breath, allowing my eyes to fall shut, "I love you."

I stood from the knelling position I somehow found myself in. I lent over him and kissed him. His lips felt so cold. So chapped. Somehow, I thought he'd wake, like in the books. But he didn't.

I grabbed his jacket from the chair and left the room. I didn't want to but I couldn't stay there with him.

I shook off my own jacket once I reached our room, throwing it to the side. I slipped into his jacket, it was a little bigger than mine however it felt warm. It smelt like him. It was warm like him. It was like him hugging me. It...

It had something in the pocket.

I unzipped it, almost knowing what was going to fall out.

A letter.

I read it.

I read it again.

I reread it many times.

The things he had written to me.

Before crying myself to sleep.

I cried a lot over the last five days.

~~~

Word count: 474

Hi

Shorter little filler chapter hear.

But I'm sorry it's sad. It's got to get worse before it gets better.. much like my writing i guess.

Kyla xx