Chapter Three: Letters.

Sky's P.O.V

I couldn't keep going. I can't keep the feelings bottled up any more. His kiss told me that. Hell, he doesn't even remember it.

'Commander,

I, Schuyler (Sky) Tate, would like to request some time off missions to consider my time as a B-squad power ranger. My feeling for a fellow ranger have come to light and I would like some time to decide whether or not these feeling are real.

If I come to the conclusion that my feelings are important, I will resign from B-squad and the academy.

Schuyler Tate.'

That is the letter I gave to Cruger this morning. Although, I already know my feelings and I'm planning on resigning. I head back to my room and repack the things I unpacked yesterday. Luckily, it was only a few clothes. I took out the letter of resignation that I had written along with the other letter.

'Commander,

Following my last letter, I have realized my feelings are important and, most notably, real.

I hereby resign from SPD. I shall leave my ID card by the front desk and leave headquarters by night fall.

Best wishes,

Schuyler 'Sky' Tate.'

I seal the envelope.

The door opens and I turned to see Cruger entering the room.

"Is that for me?" He gestures to the letter.

"Yes, my letter of resignation." He takes the letter and study's the envelope. Before handing it back to me.

"I will not except this. You are a great ranger and you are perfectly capable of handling this professionally. If you can show your feelings in a professional manner while I'm around, I don't care about the rules. I'm not losing one of my best rangers." He turns to leave, "I don't think your father would like you to resign. Not when he was a rule breaker himself."

I didn't know what to make of that. I watched the commander leave and I sat on my bed.

I decided to go and get some food since it was about lunch time.

Bridge's P.O.V

I was walking back to my room with the others and we over heard Sky and the Commander.

"Yes, my letter of resignation."

We all gasp.

Resignation.

We decided against interrupting this and turn towards the break room.

"He resigned, why?" I asked the others. I couldn't have to do with earlier.

"I don't know," Z piped up, sitting on one of the couches, "I mean, he's always been a stickler for rules, maybe he broke a rule and couldn't live with himself."

I could tell she was joking but I couldn't bring myself to laugh like the others. I didn't  know what was happening. I just started crying.

"Bridge, it'll be okay." Syd said laying her head on my shoulder.

"He can't leave.."

"We get it, Bridge, were all going to miss him. But we can't stop him.." Z starts.

I cut her off, before I can even think.

"I LOVE HIM!" I yell through tears.

Silence.

"What?" Sky's voice rings through the room.

"Sky..?" My voice clogged with tears.

He ran from the room. I ran after him, the other rangers following close after us, confused.

"Sky wait! Sky! Sky stop!" My voice echos through the halls but he doesn't stop running. "Sky please!"

He finally stops and turns to me.

"Sky, I'm- I'm sorry.. I didn't-" I can't say I didn't mean it because I did. I did mean it.

"You didn't mean it?" Sky said, like he was reading my thoughts.

"Yes. I mean, No, but I-"

He cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine. I kissed back, letting myself sink into him. Then he pulls back.

"There. I love you too. Okay! You made me admit it. Now you see why I need to resign."

I stand there, wide eyed as tears fall again. I sink to the floor watching him walk from me.

The others walk over to me. Syd places her arms around me. "Bridge.. he'll come round.. I think it's been a shock for him." She's right. 

Then the alarm sounds.

I stand, wiping the tears from my eyes, and follow the others up to the command center.

Cruger eyes us each, "Where is cadet Tate?"

"We had a bit of a misunderstanding.." Jack starts but is cut off by a voice coming over the communicator.

"Commander, I have chosen to leave SPD whether you except my resignation on not. I cannot express my gratitude enough towards you, Kat, the other rangers and all of you at SPD.

SPD B-squad Blue Ranger, Sky Tate, signing off."

The commander growls. "Landors, Delgado. You go after the monster. Carson, Drew. Find Tate then join the others."

"Yes sir." We all say in unison before leaving the command center.

~~~

Word count: 799

Hey,

Slightly shorter, however, a very important chapter.

What do you think will happen next??

Kyla xx