Proof So That They Can Live

Tiffany's POV

Tiffany's POV

It's mid morning and we're all line up waiting for the Volturi & their witnesses. Bella, Edward, Tristan and I at the front with the children behind us. Suddenly Aro and his army become visible and it's clear that they outnumber us. Even with both wolf packs as they join us. Jake goes stand by Bella and Leah stands by Tristan. Both Renesmee and Masen smile at them.

The Volturi and their witnesses stop. Dad steps forward to address them. "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner" he says.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us" Aro tells him.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken" dad assures him.

"We see the children, do not treat us as fools" Caius tells him.

"They are not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. You can look for yourself. See the flush of human blood in their cheeks" dad says pointing to Masen and Renesmee.

"Artifice" Caius says unconvinced.

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story. Edward, Tristan as the children cling to your new-born mates, I assume both of you are involved" Aro says. Tristan kisses my forehead before heading over to Aro with Edward. Aro takes both of their hands. "I'd like to meet them" he declares.

Bella and I start to walk forward with the children. Along with Leah, Jake and Emmet. " Ah, young Bella. Immortality becomes you" Aro says smiling. "Tiffany, how delightful to finally meet you in person. Tristan's memories do your beauty no justice" he tells me.

"Pleasure" I say in greeting. Aro then lets out a small life.

"I hear their strange heart beats" he says looking at Masen and Renesmee. He holds his hand out to Renesmee. She walks forward with Masen.

"Hello Aro" she says and places her hand on his cheek. He sees her and Masen's life through her eyes. She pulls her hand away as he says 'Magnifico'.

"Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by these new-borns, while they were still humans" he tells his witnesses. He looks at Bella and I as we pull our children close wrapping a protective arm around them.

"Impossible" Caius says as we start to walk back to the others. Jake and Leah bringing up the rear. "Bring the informant forward" Caius instructs and I turn to see Irina escorted to him. "Are those the children you saw?" he asks her. She looks at Masen and Renesmee.

"I'm not sure" she tells him.

"Jane" he says.

"They've changed, these children are bigger" Irina says quickly. To avoid being tortured by Jane.

"Then your allegations were false" Caius tells her.

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake" Irina tells him. She looks back at us and mouths "I'm Sorry".