11. Pros and Cons

Chapter Eleven : Pros and Cons

•°• ✾ •°•

     Once they were in the building, Rogers led Valencia into the elevator and Rogers pressed one of the buttons. The sleepless nights and homesickness was fogging her mind so much that she didn't realize that Tony Stark was standing right in front of her. Two years ago, she would've been excited to meet him but that dream left a long time ago.

     "Is this her?" the older man asked, looking at Rogers with a finger pointed at Valencia. "I gotta admit, she's smaller than I imagined."

     "Take off those cuffs and you'll regret saying that," Sam mumbled with his arms crossed.

     "She's been sleeping in crappy motels and wandering the streets for days on end over the last twelve months. We can worry about the details after we give her a place to sleep," Rogers said.

     "How do we know she's not gonna turn around and kill us all?" Sam asked and Valencia scoffed.

     "I'm standing right here. Also, what much am I gonna do with these, Bird Brain?" she asked while holding up her wrists.

     Stark chuckled. "I like her," he said and the dark haired woman rolled her eyes. "First, we're gonna take those off and then I'll show you where you'll be staying."

     Stark held up some sort of key that looked far more complicated than it should've been and stepped closer to Valencia, who only stepped back but Rogers grabbed her shoulders to keep her still. Stark worked with the strange device until the cuffs came off and Valencia subconsciously rubbed her wrists. Instead of fighting them, all she wanted to do was rest and even if she did try to fight them, she wouldn't stand a chance against Sam, Captain America and Iron Man on her own. Maybe she was able to fight Sam because he was a regular human with no enhanced abilities or mutations so she had that advantage over him. A fight against Rogers was a bit harder since he was bigger, stronger, and faster but she was able to use her invisibility to one up him. As for Iron Man, she never got in a fight with him before and she hoped she never would. But if she were to fight all three at once, she would be finished before she could even lift a finger.

     Rogers handed Valencia's backpack to her and Stark had her follow him back to the elevator while the other two men stayed behind. While they were waiting to reach their floor, she stayed as far away from him as she could, even though he didn't really give her a reason to avoid him like the plague.

     "You know, Capsicle back there spent quite some time trying to find you," Stark said and Valencia just looked at him from the corner of her eye.