Chapter 9: The Gift

We celebrate are scores by eating a huge dinner. I stuff my face with saled and soup and bread. It was one of the best meals ever. I enjoyed a glass of this special soda type thing called cider.
After that Caleb and I went to are rooms while Rose and Colly keep eating. Before I opened my door I leaned forward and gave Caleb a kiss on the lips. Then I went into my room and and took a long shower. Instead of putting on my pjs I grab a t shirt and then put on a jacket. Then slipped on some leggings then hopped into bed.
It's became every night that Caleb comes and holds me. When I woke up in the morning he was gone. I changed into black jeans and a gray shirt with a black jacket and go out to eat breakfast.
Caleb isn't at the table so I figured that he was changing so I ate a piece of toast and drank a glass milk. Then I sit on the couch next to Rose.
"How are you Kaitlynn?" Rose asked
"Oh I'm fine... I wanted to ask you about the hunger games. There tomorrow and...and I don't think I have a chance." I say
"That's exactly how I felt when I was in the hunger games just make sure the first thing you do is find water and don't go to the cornucopia first thing." Rose said
"Yeah thanks..." I said "have you seen Caleb?" I ask
"No I haven't you should check his room."
"Ok thanks" I say as I walk to Caleb's room and I knock on the door.
"Caleb" I call out. There's no answer. I try again
"Caleb" suddenly the door opens and Caleb is standing at the door dressed in a black t shirt and jeans.
"Yes" Caleb said "Are you ok, you don't look so good"
"Sorry I just have been worried about everything since the hunger games are tomorrow"
"You'll be alright I know it" He says as he hugs me then closes the door. I walk to my room and open the door. Inside is a little red box with a ribbon on it. The card says "Good luck with the hunger games" I open the box and inside is a pin. The pin is gold and it has a picture of an arrow going through a heart. I put it on under my jacket and go to the living room.
"Who is this from" I ask showing then the pin.
"It's from the Capitol, they gave everyone a gift before the games this year."
"Oh" I say disappointed. I was hoping it was from Caleb. I go nock on Caleb's door. He opens the door and I ask him
"So what was your gift from the Capitol"
"A pin with a mutt on it." he says
"Oh mine is a bit different..." I start to say "About that" he says "That was my gift to you I switched it out with the Capitol's gift but here's the Capitol's gift." I open the box he gives me its wight and has the Capitol's sign on it. inside is a pin with a tree on fire on it. I look at it for a long time then say "There betting on us... this is the way they think we're going to die."
"That makes sense" he says "But I thought the mutts came last."
"Yeah, they think your going to make it far.