Chapter 13: sacrifice

I'm awoken by the sound of rumbling. Fawn is running around grabbing all of are stuff.
"Come on" she yells. I grab my stuff and start to run with her. As we reach the beginning of the cave I see the rocks falling down. Fawn and I quickly dodge falling rocks and we keep going. Fawn slips and her arm gets stuck under a pile of rocks. I run to her and help her get out. We keep running until we can't see the rocks.
"Sit down and let me take a look at your arm" I tell Fawn. She shows me her arm and it isn't swollen so it's not broken.
"Does it hurt to move it?" I ask
"Just a little" she responds
"Ok it will be fine" I reassure her "It doesn't look broken"
We keep walking on hoping to find water. We stop a couple times to eat food and to rest. Soon we here voices. I stop dead in my tracks as I hear Caleb's voice. I can't stop myself as I walk towards the voice. I stand behind a tree as I see Kriss holding a bow and arrow straight at Caleb. She's yelling at him and he has his hands in the air with a spear in the ground close to him. Fawn looks at me and start to tear up. Kriss lets the bow go and I scream "CALEB!!!" Fawn quickly runs and jumps in front of Caleb taking an arrow to the chest. Caleb quickly grabs his spear and throws it at Kriss. It hits her in the heart and a cannon goes off.
I run towards Fawn and start crying. She has an Arrow lodged just beneath her heart. Caleb grabs his spear and sits down next to me.
"Why... did you... do that" I manage to get out.
Fawn opens her mouth and says " I saw it in your eyes you needed Caleb."
"Thank you" Caleb answers
"Fawn" I say in between the sobs
"It's ok" she says "in my pocket... I want you to have it"
I reach into her pocket and pull out a charm bracelet. It has four charms on it ; a flower, a bow and arrow, a heart, and an owl.
"It's beautiful Fawn" I say
"Win... for me please" she says
"Yes I will, I'll win, for you" I say as I start sobbing again.
Fawn takes a deep breath in then a cannon goes off. I close her eyes then I get up and hug Caleb.
"We need to keep walking" I say as I choke down my tears.