Home

You close your eyes and with a frustrated sigh you put your dead phone in your back pocket. Your hoodie hanging on your shoulder, your cap blocking some view, your combat boots covered your swollen and tired feet.

You hailed cab and told your address. It's been five years. Too long. Nobody knows you're finally done for good. You wonder if your little brother finally found himself girlfriend.

.

When you pulled up outside your house, a wide smile grazed your face. You're finally home.

Knocking on your door, you fixed your hair and straighten your black shirt before tucking it in your camo pants. You're a little nervous considering you miss your family and you're not that sure how they would react seeing you here. They will be happy of course but still.

"Marco go get the door" you heard your mother's voice that you missed so much. You also heard a grunt, you chuckled knowing it was from your little brother.

The door opened, revealing your shocked brother.

"Hey"

"Holyshit! Y/nn! God i missed you" he said and grabbed you hugging you tightly. You patted his back.
"I missed you too little boy" he scoffed and playfully pushed you. You cackled and ruffled his long black slicked hair.

You heard a gasp, your mom standing by the corner with her hand on her mouth.
"Hey ma" you said and lunged to her, hugging her and took a huge breath of her lavander scent, instantly making you tear up a bit.
"I missed you ma" you said and sobbed like a little girl.
"I missed you too Y/nn" she said and wiped her tear.

.

When your dad saw you sitting on the dinner table beside your bother, he also was very pleased. The dinner was filled with lighthearted conversations and full of laughs.

Later that night your little brother dragged you to the skating park nearby.
Marco brought his board, wanting you to try ride it so he can make fun of you when you fall.

"Marco I told you I'm a pro at this" he scoffed and kicked you his board.
"Prove it sissy" you sighed.
"Alright"

You rode the board and tried to get used to it again. After a while you were doing tricks, failing every once and a while but also getting it right. You laughed when Marco stared at you like he wasn't expecting that at all.

"I told ya" you said and wiped your forehead.
"I didn't know you skate" you just shrugged at him.

"GIVE IT BACK! FINNEAS!!" you heard a familiar voice from a distance.

You turned and saw it was Billie.

Billie Eilish. Your ex. Your first love, your first kiss, your first everything.

She suddenly came to a halt when her eyes met yours. Her eyes were wide and her lips was parted.

She looked different, good different. She grew a bit taller, her eyes was a bit brighter, she definitely dyed her hair. You missed her but you're not telling her that.
Her brother Finneas ran to you and hugged you.

"Y/n! You're back" he said with much enthusiasm.
"Hey bro" you said and pulled away slightly.

You felt another presence on your side, knowing it was Billie, you never turn your head in there. You want her to be happy, you want her to move on. Or she probably moved on now. You wanted yourself to move on and seeing her alive and well made your stomach flutter. You were used to staring at her picture, she was motionless, but the picture motivated you to make it and not die.

Now seeing Billie made feelings that were buried long time ago resurface, that aching feeling on yout chest. There were sad times, the one that hurt the most was when you were standing in the airport, waiting for your plane to board. You're crying, the girl you love was walking away with tears in her eyes. But you never focus on that. You always make sure you remember happy times, the kisses, the long hugs, the cuddles, the movies you've watched together.

"Ah well you two seems to have some place to be" you subtlety dismissed them. Marco seemed to get your uneasiness because he pulled you slightly towards him and smiled to them.

"And we have some places to be too, so we'll get goin" he pulled you sheepishly.

"Y/n wait!"

You walked faster and faster towards your car. Suddenly you were pulled back by the hood of your hoodie, you groaned and held your neck.

"What?" you said and looked up, your bangs was on your eyes so you ruffled your short hair.

"Can we talk?"

"No?"

"We'll talk. Now" she said and pulled your hoodie to her. You swatted her hand away.

"No Billie. I don't want to talk" she punched your chest and pulled your collar making you bend slightly since you are way taller than her.

"I missed you" your throat went dry, you couldn't form any words. You opened your mouth to say something but closing it again not finding words to say.

"Did you hear me? I said I missed you"
She said with tears in her eyes. She pulled you in for a hug, still gripping your hoodie. You sighed and slowly wrapped your arms around her.

"Yes. I heard you. I missed you too Billie"
She nuzzled her face in the crook of your neck.

"I'm sorry" you lay your head on her head, rubbing her hair.

"I hate you"

"I hate you too. I'm home now, you can hate me with all your might"