Chapter 2

Tenya's POV

BEEPBEEPBEE-

I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock with a groan as I rubbed my face with my other hand. As I went to sit up my arm gave a throb. Why does my ar- oh yeah. A drunk dumbass from last night had a knife. This is going to be a bitch to hide from my mom. I got up out of bed making sure to stumble and make a thudding sound so my story would be believable to my family. I went into my bathroom and changed my dressing so it can also help with the lie. After changing into my uniform, I looked into the mirror and got into my rule following, stiff as a board self.

As I was making sure my bag was packed for school, Tensei came in nursing a cup of coffee. Time to play the part. "Brother, you should not be drinking coffee as it is bad for your health due to less cooperative sleeping patterns and all the caffeine you are intaking at once! I must ask that you stop your consumption of said beverage this instance!"

My brother just chuckled. "Relax Tenya, I just had a rough time last night with the case I'm working on. The one about Loop, the vigilante that has been running around for about a year and a half now. Also, do you know what that thud was earlier?"

I forced myself to blush and mutter out, "I fell out of bed and cut my arm on my nightstand."

Tensei's eyes widened as he put his cup down on my desk and rushed to my side. "You did WHAT? Let me see."

"Brother, I am certainly fine. It was a small cut and I managed to take car-"

"Just let me see, please."

"Fine."

Carefully, he took my arm , rolling up my sleeve and unbandaging it to see the stupid cut that I 'got from my nightstand'. He inspected it with care as I 'blushed' and muttered something about him not nee-

SMACK!

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR BROTHER?" I rubbed my head with my free hand from the smack that was delivered to the back of my head.

"I do need to see it as I need to make sure that my brother is alright. I know that you would try and downplay the injury to not cause me any worry." He led me to the bathroom as he was talking, reaching into the cabinet to grab the first aid kit. "Now sit your butt down and let me clean it properly."

I sat down on the counter as Tensei got everything ready. I really need to fix my voice changer. The police have been getting closer and closer to my age range if what my brother said last night is anything to go by. Not that it truly matters as they can't arrest me for anything. I don't use my quirk and I always let them hit first. They can't eve- I get pulled out of my thoughts with pain hitting my arm, making me let out a hiss. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Tensei give me a sympathetic look.

"Sorry Tenya, but I have to make sure it's clean. You did a decent job but it is pretty deep. Not enough to need stitches but enough that a thorough clean is necessary."

"Do not apologize Brother. It is my fault for falling out of bed."

Tensei finished cleaning up my arm and bandaged it up, turning away to put the first aid kit away. I got off the counter and rolled down my uniform sleeve. I walked into my room and went to pick up my bag before I was pulled into a hug by my brother. I hugged him back as he held me like he never wanted to let go. I know exactly why too.

He didn't want to lose me. He didn't want me to be hurt. But he also didn't want to choose who I become.

"Love you, Tenya."

"Love you too, Brother."

"C'mon. I'll give you a ride to school after you eat breakfast."