Chapter One

It was supposed to be a simple road trip, the six of us traveling to Pax East. None of us knew it would go so wrong, a wrong turn that led to a town where nightmares lingered, and death would be a mercy. We would've never been prepared for what would happen that day, the never-ending fog that consumed the town or the Darkness that ran rampant throughout it. Nothing was ever the same after that day.

Mark was driving, while Jack rode shotgun and distributed snacks. "You do know where we're going right? There hasn't been a single car since we took that turn off the highway." Felix said while opening the bag of chips he was handed. Mark scoffed and looked in the rear view mirror, "Pretty sure I know where I'm going, the GPS said to turn right, so that's what I did. Maybe it's leading us on a scenic route."

Felix mumbled quietly as they continued on, the trees growing denser on each side of the road. Ethan leaned his head against the cool glass of the left side passenger window, watching the trees pass by in a blur. He's felt this sense of unease since they've gotten on the road. He felt there was something dangerous ahead, but also something that was all too familiar... something that made his stomach turn.

A few hours passed, along with a few scattered conversations, but now there was silence. Mat, Nate and Felix napped while Ethan gazed out the window and Jack scrolled through his Twitter feed. As they drove over the bridge leading to a quiet looking town, the GPS switched off and the radio faded into a loud static whine, causing the others to wake up and everyone covered their ears.

Mark slammed on the brakes, bringing the car to a screeching halt. "What the Fuck!" Most of them exclaimed. Mark pressed buttons on the radio, unable to get it to stop, until the car shut off suddenly, leaving a slight ringing sound to hang in the air. "Where are we?" Nate looked out the window, thick fog blocking most of the visibility of the area they had driven into. Everyone looked out their windows in curiosity.

"We should probably leave, being in this doesn't seem safe." Ethan said, but in truth, he knew what this was... where they were, and if he was correct, he knew they wouldn't be going anywhere for a while, if they even made it out of this place alive. Mark turned the key in the ignition, but nothing happened. He tried again, and again, yielding the same result, "Fuck! It must be dead." He slammed his hands on the top of the wheel in frustration. "Don't worry, we can probably call a tow truck." Matt pulled out his phone, pressing the power button, but it hel the same dark screen.

"My phone's dead, does anyone else's work?" Everyone pulled their phones from their pockets, none of them turning on. Frustrated murmurs echoed amongst themselves as they tried to figure out what to do. Ethan got out of the car, raking his fingers through his hair. He never wanted to come back to this place, a place of evil and darkness, the place that left him scarred. One by one, each of them got out of the car, visibly frustrated and slightly unsettled. "This looks like it would be straight from a horror movie." Jack said, looking in the distance. It was worse than a horror movie, and Ethan knew it, this was hell, it called back to him... him and his friends.