Chapter 2

ZAKIR POV

   Two days it what it took to make it back to Sioux tribe lands, we had to stop so women and children could rest and eat. I laid in the wagon the whole time, every now and then people would check on me but I held onto my cold dead daughters body. As soon as we made it back, mom helped me down as we're brought to the center meeting. Everyone was there looking at me with die up blood all over me.

Chief Chaska: my people, we have brought back the Apache tribe. They no tribe there leaders have been put to death and the heir and family brought here to live with us

He stepped back letting Kai step forth an address everyone.

Kai: my people everyone knows the story of Zakir and I, how he was taken away from us by his father. Who will also stand trial with his wife soon after this, but I would like to make Zakir my head wife. That means Iki would have to step down as my wife

Everyone talked around the circle, I was more shook he had a wife.

Lady: Kai,what is the meaning of this?

A beautiful woman stepped out with a little boy right behind her looking at the ground. Kai looked more annoyed then anything about the woman talking to him.

Kai: Iki, you know I never loved you or wanted you but you forced yourself on me and hated me a son. I would like to make the one who holds my heart my wife now

The lady did a crazy laughed and looked towards me with a snare.

Iki: he is tainted, meaning your willing to let him go thru that pain to be yours?

Kai: Zakir can handle himself, he's siblings and him trained with my family growing up

Iki: then I have rules of my own, no one is allowed to stay with him during that time or help him. If you think he's better then me

Kai looked like he wanted to kill her but he's younger sister Ayita, stepped up slapping the woman to the ground.

Ayita: you talk a lot for a weak woman, who still doesn't know her place. So let me clear it up for you if Zakir becomes wife you are sentenced to death for your crimes Iki

I think the woman understood her place now, but spit blood on the ground. I looked towards the ground to. Everything was about to change and it was all because of me. I went to say something but the Elders held up there hands for everyone to be quiet. Stepping up they looked around at everyone.

Elder Minko: Zakir. Please step forth

I did as he said with a little help from my mom.

Elder Minko: it's not your fault for what your father did, but we must abide by the rules little one. You will receive 2 lashings from everyone in the village for your dishonoring the Sioux tribe

Elder Lenno: you will also be exiled from the village for 3 months, limited supplies will be given to you. But you will have to do the rest on your own. No one is allowed to visited or are you allowed to speak to any here

Elder Koniya: we're sorry young one, but these are the rules

I was soon grabbed as my mom yelled for them to let me go, I know my GodUncle Zahir probably grabbed her. I was dragged to the pole and tied up. Kai steps in front of me, it looked like he wanted to cry. Pushing something to my mouth I bite down on it as he rubbed my face, before I could adjust the lashings came quick and hard. I bite down crying out in pain. I black out a couple times before waking back up to cry some more. It was late evening before they stopped and I was taken off the pole. I could feel someone trying to tend to my wounds that I could feel bleeding bad on my back. I pushed them away and stood up and turn to everyone looking at me with pity and pained. I tired to walk but I fell down, squeezing my eyes quickly. Before I tired again walking off I didn't care, I quickly walk to the wagon. Dragging the door down I pulled my daughter to the edge and braced myself to carry her, placing her favorite blanket over her. I turned around to see everyone now understood what was happening. Many women went into shocked.

Zakir: where???

My voice came out loud but strained, which frightened people more.

Zahir: the hollow tree

I didn't say anything else only walked slowly to the hallow tree, where Kai and I confused our love for each other. Had our first kiss and craved our name into the tree promising always love each other. Sitting my baby down I began digging with my hands not caring that I looked like a crazy person. This went on for awhile I didn't care I was in pain and hurting, she mattered the most. Finally getting the hole deep enough I turn around placing my daughter inside well tears poured down my eyes. Kissing her one last time I began putting dirt on top of her body until I couldn't see her anymore. I didn't move from my spot hoping this was a damn dream. Looking around I saw a tent was placed up I guess for me with stuff sitting outside. Grabbing it I tossed it inside tossing myself on the pallet with my daughters dolls, she made and cried myself to sleep. I could hear moving going on outside but I didn't bother to move, until I heard the tent open up. I quickly sat up thinking someone was here to hurt me but came face to face with my godfather Zahir.

Zahir: I don't have much time, turn around so I can see your wounds

Doing as he said I quickly turn around as he ripped off my shirt, I felt some stings to my back.

Zahir: now the bag was prepared by your mother she has some spices, weapons of yours, books and pads to draw on. In the other bag is some clothes your sisters prepared for you as well as Fem products they said you would know what for. You can hunt all around here but don't go to the village Iki wasn't your blood and will do anything to get it.

Zakir: why does she hate me?

Zahir: because you have something that she can't have and that's Kai's heart, he loves his son but hates her. Just make it thru these 3 months

Zakir: what if I don't want to make it?

There was a hand on my shoulder.

Zahir: I understand your hurt son but you still have people you care including me, weather you like it are not we care and I do consider you my son. After all your named after me.

Zakir: should've married my mother

Zahir: who said I wasn't

And like that he was gone like the wind, sighing I got up moving everything out the teepee before I laid the buffalo fur down around, then in the corner I stacked many blankets and fur to make a bed, to the other side I set up some stuff and close to the middle I sat the huge lantern up so I could be warm. I also made a small side with plates and pots left for me. I guess they really set everything up nice for me. Turning the lantern on I got ready for bed laying on my side and turn it down deem the lights. The whole night all I could do was lay there and listen to the nature outside, around the break of dawn I soon fell asleep and woke up as the sun went down. It was like my body was in its own accord. A week after my exiled I would find food sitting inside my tent like someone was there, I didn't complain but I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me.