Chapter 15: School check

~~The next day~~

|Scott's POV|

I am walking in the hallway. There's still 5 minutes before the beginning of first period. I get to my locker. I take my books and put them in my bag before closing my locker's door.

I see Steve Rogers and his friends Romanoff, Wilson and Barnes coming my way. They stop at Romanoff's locker. Steve looks my way. I wave at him. He smiles. I go over to them.

-"Hey Steve, hey guys" I say, high fiving Steve.

-"Hi Scott !" they say

Suddenly, Killian and his followers pop out of nowhere.

Killian grabs Steve by his t-shirt and pushes him against the lockers violently. Steve doesn't move an inch. Killian puts his face close to Steve's. Killian's friends prevent Barnes, Wilson and Romanoff from helping Steve.

-"Stay out of my way Rogers or you'll regret it" he says

-"Let him go Clarkson" Barnes says

Killian pushes Steve's head against the lockers.

-"Say it ! Say that you'll stay out of my way !" he says

Steve doesn't reply. But I can see he's getting angry. He tries to stay calm.

Killian hits him in the chest. Steve falls on the ground, his back against the lockers. Killian takes him by his shirt and lifts him back up.

-"C'mon Rogers ! Defend yourself !" he yells hitting Steve's face.

-"What's happening here ???"

We all turn to face the history teacher, Mr Adams. He seems angry.

-"Let go of Rogers, Clarkson !" he yells at Killian.

Killian lets go of Steve immediately.

-"Clarkson, go to the principal's office now" the teacher says

Killian grabs his bag and walks off with his friends.

The teacher looks back at Steve.

-"You're good Rogers?" he asks

-"Yeah I'm fine" Steve says before walking away.

-"Hey ! I'm not finished with you Rogers !" Mr Adams says

Steve keeps walking. He quickly gets in the bathroom. Once he gets there, he puts his bag on the ground. Then, he hits the wall several times as hard as he can.

He had to let his anger out. He had to let it go out so that he could feel better. He needed to calm down.

When he becomes calm again, he looks at his hands. They're really bloody. He washes them. Then, he puts some toilet paper as a bandage around them. His friends will for sure notice but it's better than nothing.

He grabs his bag and gets out of the bathroom.

Steve walks into history class and takes a seat at the back, next to the window. He sighs. He's not in the mood for more classes. He gets up, puts his hands in his pockets to hide the bandages and gets to the door. The teacher passes through the door at the same time. They nearly bump into each other. Mr Adams gives Steve a look.

-"Where were you going Rogers ?"

-"uuh...nowhere actually..." Steve gets back to his seat quickly.

The teacher seems doubtful for a few seconds but he starts the course anyway.

Steve's eyes are lost outside. His mind drifts to thinking about his mom. She was so nice and beautiful and amazing and...