Chapter 12

Georgia was a beautiful country and it was there that Brittany had her son, Adrian Kenneth Abrams.

They got to meet up with Annalise again for a few weeks and she excitedly showed them all around.

But a big thing that happened was that Karen befriended a young pregnant girl that didn't want to be a mother so soon. So Karen promised to look after the baby but the girl begged and pleaded for her to take responsibility for the child.

Karen was very unsure and had to talk it over with Vic. They talked long and hard about the decision then ended up talking to their friends about it.

The boys thought it was a good idea to adopt again because no pregnancy hormones. The girls thought it was a good idea to adopt again because no labor pains.

So Vic and Karen talked to Caleb about adopting. The little boy thought it was great. He wanted another little brother because Coco (Marco) was annoying.

So the pair told Vernie (the pregnant girl) yes. Whenever she went into labor, they'd come back and sign the papers.

But they didn't have to worry because she went into labor before they could leave. Everyone panicked like it was Karen in labor but then Vernie had a little boy.

Karen wanted her friends to help her name her new baby again and Mari came up with his first name; Soren while Marcy came up with his middle name; Isaiah so his name was Soren Isaiah Stone.

Marcy was happy for her friend but had to tell her something in private.

W

Karen huffed as she shooed Coco away from Ren (Soren). How was she going to tell Vic she was pregnant again?

He walked into the room, excited. "Babe! I've got great news!"

"Me too."

"It's the greatest birthday present ever." He went to mess with his kids.

Her seventeenth birthday was the next day. "You got me a good gift?"

"Yup!" He laid on his back on the bed. "Your man's not a mooch anymore!"

"What?" She sat on the bed next to Ling (Aisling).

"There was this guy in town that saw one of my inventions and he wants to patent it. Turns out he's a scientist, too and he really thinks it'll change the world."

She hugged him. "That's so great!" She knew how much he hated doing nothing while it seemed everyone else had jobs. "A birthday gift for me?"

He snickered. "What's your news?"

Her look faded.

"Hey? What's wrong?" He frowned.

"I'm pregnant."

His grey eyes widened. "Whoa!"

She said nothing.

"Five kids?"

She still didn't respond.

He realized she was panicking. "What's the problem? The other four don't complain."

She threw herself on him. "I love you so much!"

He hugged her tightly. "I love you, too. I told you. I'll always catch you."

Her hammering heart settled in her chest.

W

"I was thinking." Marcy said slowly.