CHAPTER 1: AN UNUSUAL SIGHT

It had been several months since the triumphant disaster of what had happened in the final leg of the last season of Rimba Grand Prix, the tournament of race cars pitting against each other for the chance to win the coveted title of the best racer in the world. There were many racers from all walks of life, all over the world who joined the tournament for the fame and recognition of being the best. Or at least, one of the best, since competition was so tight.

However, behind the prestigious celebrations and flashes of the cameras, lied a dark and uncomfortable truth about how it all operated and who was behind it: The Ringmasters. However, the one who started the crumbling of that very foundation, the one who dared to challenge the authorities of the Ringmasters, was Tag, who, once again, had joined the RGP for the third time.

That day, there was a celebration for the new season as well as the introduction of fresh faces being held at the stage hall. Since the Ringmasters were so close to being exposed working with underground criminals like last season, they had to keep a low profile this time and start anew with their entire plan. The three rookies they had for the new season were completely clean and anonymous with no connections to them whatsoever.

The first racer selected was a young female black swan, who had a similarity to Meika when it came to her fashion and business ventures. She started out as a model and an online influencer, but moved on to a more adrenaline-rushing interest to acquire more popularity globally. She joined the RGP alongside her boyfriend, who became her manager and spokesperson.

The second one was a youthful looking but older harlequin female rabbit, who worked as a mechanic for a long time and tried to pursue professional racing several times, especially in the RGP, but failed due to her low qualifications and lack of experience in the field. It just so happened that this year, she lucked out and managed to get a slot in the RGP. And she was recommended by a former racer who retired, so that might have played a part in her selection as well.

And the third one was an older male aardvark who came from the deep Savannah district. He had a respectable reputation as a dirt racer back in his hometown, but outside, he was still testing the waters. Though the three rookies this season wasn't as exciting in first impressions as the previous ones, they still received a warm welcome from the audience at the press conference.

After the whole introduction on stage hosted by Torres, everyone was socializing and being friendly with each other: the reporters, cameramen, the RGP staff, the racers and the general public. Tag and his friends, Sonny, Meika, and Meelo were in their usual corner chatting it up and exchanging stories of their time away from the RGP.

"I guess Meelo's set for life, huh? What are you even still doing here with the rest of us, buddy?" Sonny joked, nudging at an annoyed Meelo, who grumbled some silent curse words at him.

"Just because I've made some cash on the side, doesn't mean I want to stop racing," Meelo snapped with a glare. "I knew I shouldn't have told you about that," he mumbled under his breath.

"With all that money, you could sponsor us for life," Tag commented slyly with mischief in his eyes.

"Back away from my money, Tag. I have plans for them and I don't want to see a cent missing," Meelo responded swiftly.