CHAPTER 6: A WILD RIDE

As their elevators arrived to the lobby, Tamira and Axle quickly walked back to the entrance heading towards the parking lot where she parked her bike. Just as they arrived to the door, a few figures stood in front of them and they stopped in their tracks. There was a short, well-dressed male rat in a bright, colourful suit with a fedora hat and a few other bigger rats with shades on wearing vests showing off their biceps, presumably the bodyguards. Tamira recognized who they were and groaned in silence.

"Well, well, well, look who it is," the smaller one, presumably the leader, muttered in a weird accent with a slimy smile shown on his mouth.

"Rat King," she responded, unimpressed. Axle looked to her, confused.

"Rat King?" He asked.

"Just some wannabe mafia boss," she whispered to him.

"Fancy seeing you here, Tamira... And your partner in crime for the evening, apparently. Finding you sneaking around my place was such a lovely surprise," the Rat King remarked sarcastically.

"How'd you know?" Tamira asked, still unfazed.

"I have my own private security system in my apartment, separate from the building's own network... And here I thought I could enjoy a night out without someone trying to steal from me," he sighed in a mocking way.

"You stole it first," Tamira fired back.

The Rat King chuckled, seemingly amused by the whole situation, but she wasn't having it and kept glaring at him. Axle, who was watching this whole exchange, was amazed that she wasn't even having an ounce of fear, at least visible to him. While he was trying to compose himself silently.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is who's gonna go down first. And I have the numbers," the Rat King snapped his fingers and his subordinates stepped forward with intimidating poses. At this moment, Tamira finally showed a little bit of submission as she took a step back, with Axle losing his composure at her side.

"Tamira," he called out to her, urging to her to decide the next course of action. In a split second, she told him.

"Run," as she grabbed his wrist and turned around towards the back entrance, dragging him along as he started to follow in her steps and ran with her as they make their way.

The rats started to chase after them, with one of them carrying their leader on his back. They exited quickly, taking a breather as Tamira looked around at the residential parking area. She saw the opening where the vehicles exit and pointed at it while simultaneously running towards it at the same time.

"This way," she told him and they head towards the outside parking area where her motorbike was, with the rats tailing right behind them.

About a minute later, they arrived at Tamira's bike and she hastily got on without even putting on her helmet. Axle got on to the back seat clumsily and almost fell off as she suddenly accelerated without any warning.