CHAPTER 7: THE CONVERSATION

"Hey, Jimmy!"

Back at the workshop, Jim turned around and grabbed a flying object hurled towards him. He managed to clasp it in his palms and opened up his hands to look at what it was. His face brightened up as he saw the space rock. After a few seconds of just staring at it, he finally looked up and saw Tamira and Axle approaching him, looking exhausted but still with energy in their walks.

"Well done," Jim casually told her and he kept the rock in his overalls' pocket.

"We almost got beat up by a bunch of thugs," Axle couldn't help but rant.

"Keep that thing locked up and sealed somewhere," Tamira added, tired with everything. Jim raised his hands up and shrugged.

"Alright, alright. Anyway, I've got your car," he motioned to them to follow him to the back part of the workshop. When they arrived, Axle paced towards the car, seemingly baffled and horrified. He looked all over the vehicle, turning his head to the left and right.

"What happened?" Axle asked in a louder voice than he usually talks with.

Tamira looked at him, wondering why he was upset and shifted her eyes to the car. As soon as she looked harder, she got her answer. Somehow, the car had received more damage than before. Aside from the flat tire, there was some visible deep scratches at the doors, a graffiti sprayed across, one of the sports rim on the good tires was missing and even a window shield has a noticeable crack across it. Jim scratched his head in sympathy, but he let out a laugh.

"My guess is just some dumb kids... or a few people who smoked something," he commented in a joking manner. "They were probably messing around, ya know, and a nice car like yours was like a blank canvas to them."

Axle was obviously not amused but all he could do in the end was sigh, surrendering to the situation. Jim patted his back, trying to comfort him. Though he couldn't really do it that seriously and still let out a chuckle.

"I'll get it all fixed by morning. No extra charge, pal," Jim offered sympathetically. He walked over to his tools on one of the stations. After he picked up a wrench, he looked over to see Tamira and Axle still standing around, as if they were going to wait for him until dawn. He sighed while rolling his eyes, feeling his grumpy persona taking over again.

"I work better on my own," Jim coughed as he told them. He crossed his arms, not budging from where he was standing.

"Fine, we'll be back in the morning," Tamira replied with a shrug as she turned back towards the garage door. She stopped after a few steps and looked over to Axle, who was still staring at his car with a solemn look in his eyes.

"Come on, Axle," she called out to him, and waited for him to move. Axle sighed with a heavy heart, nodding and followed her out the door. As they walked towards her bike, he frowned and shifted his eyes to her, concerned and worried for his vehicle.

"I don't know about this," Axle voiced out his worry, scrunching his forehead even deeper. Tamira looked back at him, and smiled in humour.