vi.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

They are pitiful creatures really, demons. After all, they're used to be humans.

In this melancholic story of a boy fighting demons, the boy who even pitied the so-called monsters. You were there. Embedded in the fabric of time and his tale. And so, do you finally realize the true extent of human nature?

All your life, you were kept in constant fear; the cold walls of the orphanage, the caretakers and the strange faces bearing veneers in the day. All of them were driven, to death, thievery, abuse, murder, corruption. Such are the human nature.

A personification of all those evil deeds are bottled up into one creature; demons.

Oh, to live through the feeling of that dark sorrow, a despair with no name. In this imperfect world one can only hold onto the hope of tomorrow, the promise of a happy ending.

Let all the miserable folks rejoice in the new light; freedom. Let them bathe in the glory of slaughter. Let them cut the string towards hope, towards tomorrow, towards the sun. To have something that is more twisted and fucked up than their torn hearts was a comfort.

But demons are never 'unfeeling' creatures. They are misunderstood individuals. You realized this after the boy with the so-kind eyes, eyes of the setting sun kindle your empathy ablaze.

Truly, demons had always been human. And humans had always been demons.

And both are one and the same

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

You woke up from your bed; sweat trickling down your back. The nightmare you had felt too real. In your dreams, you were a girl, haunted with the orphanage you lived in, plagued by your war-torn past. Humans are terrorized each night by flesh-eating monsters called demons, and you died from one of its kind. The color of the boy's sclera made it to your mind as you shiver not from the cold, but from the now fading memories of your dream.

It's not real. You tried to assure yourself, controlling your breathing and wiping the cold sweat from your brow.

"WAKE UPP! MOM IS SOO GOING TO BE MAD AT YOU!" Your brother, Rui slammed your door open suddenly, causing you to flinch in surprise. Your brother smiled mischievously, as you threw your pillow at him for barging into your room. He ducked, and closed your door; the loud voice sent you flinching for the second time. Rui's laugh could be heard from your room, as his feet pounded the stairs.

In this warm place you call home, you woke up.

Breakfast was served, steaming hot from the pan, she decided to cook for you today, your mom. The bread machine thingy produced a sharp ding sound, and you munched on your breakfast slowly. It was a typical Sunday morning, as you spent your day lazing around at home and doing your homework. Your mom was quite irritated at your behavior, but you didn't mind, it simply didn't matter. Her face blurred before your eyes, you felt pain in your, and a sudden dizziness overcame your senses.

What?

You are now sitting on the couch; a show is playing on your laptop, and your brother lounging next to you, controller in hand. He was playing a video game, the sound of gunshots can be heard loudly from the speaker. You told him to turn the volume down, but he stuck his tongue out, and only pushed the volume button once. The gunshots could still be heard from your earphones, as you now cannot concentrate on your show. Clicking your tongue, you decided to play with him, connecting another controller to the console.