Chapter Ten

Hinata watched Kageyama leaving and he closed the door. He couldn't admit it but he actually had a great time with Kageyama and he actually missed his company. Hinata believed that now they could call themselves friends.

His mind got rid of these thoughts quickly. The only thing he could focus on was tomorrow's game. He's had more than enough practice, that's for sure. It got late and Hinata's mom didn't come back yet. She was probably working the night shift. So he picked up an instant ramen pot from a cupboard and boiled some water. That has been his dinner for a couple of days but he didn't complain at all.

It's really hard for Hinata to do both. Being there for Natsu and going to school. Volleyball has been a great opportunity to escape from reality. He hated his dad for leaving his mom. But then he left for good. Hinata felt like he couldn't bring himself to say anything to his mother. She's been working really hard and he tried to avoid conflicts. But she neglected them, both Hinata and Natsu. Kageyama's words came up on his mind "Guess we both have shitty families." and he felt like agreeing with it.

Later on, he went upstairs to the bathroom and had a cold shower. He tucked Natsu on her bed and then he laid down his body. The sight of the glowing stars that were stuck in his ceiling started becoming blurry as he was closing his eyes.

Hinata woke up because of his alarm clock next morning. 7:00 a.m. He got dressed up, packed his stuff and went to school. Takeda awaited the team on the bus. Just before Hinata got in he heard Kageyama shouting. "Wait for me you dumbass!"

 "Wait for me you dumbass!"

"It was about time you know." Hinata laughed.

"Oh just get in." Kageyama said sarcastically. They were the last ones to get in so they sat together. Hinata was quite nervous and his stomach hurt. Everyone was saying that Aoba Johsai's team was quite strong. At least it wasn't an official match, but that didn't made him feel any better. He wanted to win a lot.

They were on road for almost an hour and Hinata was feeling nauseous. He threw up on his paper bag that he was holding and Kageyama jumped off his seat. "You dumbass! You'll spill puke everywhere!"

"S-sorry." Hinata gulped. "You okay?" Kageyama asked him. "No..." he said with his head still inside the paper bag. Suddenly the bus stopped and Takeda said that they arrived at the school. Hinata threw up one more time just by hearing the professor's words. He left the bus while holding Kageyama's shirt in case he fainted because he felt pretty dizzy.

Aoba johsai was immense. There were four courts, one for basketball, a tennis one and two for volleyball, one for practice and one for official games. Hinata and the rest of the group were amazed as they went inside the court. The changing rooms were the best part though. They were very spacious and comfy.

As Hinata was going to the bathroom, he saw two guys with Aoba's jerseys. They were probably the guys they were gonna play with and for some reason he hid behind the bathroom door. They were talking about something and Hinata was trying to hear what they were saying.

"Weren't you in the same team with their setter?"

"Yeah, Kageyama Tobio. He was an egoistic jerk that didn't care about anything but winning."

Hinata got very frustrated and he couldn't think clear. He didn't know what got into him but he slammed the bathroom's door and approached them.

"Don't talk about him like that."

"And who exactly are you little guy? Are you lost maybe?" one of them said and they started laughing

"I'm Hinata Shoyo, middle blocker of Karasuno. You know, the team that's gonna win today." he was about to say more to them but Kageyama appeared and stopped him by grabbing him by the shoulder. "Hinata, we should go back."

"Well well well, the king! Long time no see! You're bullying some new suckers right now aren't you?"

"Shut up Eito!" Kageyama said to him as he and Hinata turned their backs on them.

"Prepare to lose your crown! King of the court!" The other guy shouted for them to hear. As Kageyama and Hinata were walking away from them, Hinata's nausea came back again. "D-don't tell me t-that these f-fuckers were your old teammates?"

"Yeah, don't mind them. Are you okay? You sound like a mess." Kageyama lifted Hinata's head.

"Not rea-" Hinata gaged and started running to the closest bathroom he could find. He heard Kageyama shouting. "Wait!" Hinata went inside the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. Kageyama came too and banged the door. "Are you sure you are okay?" he opened it slowly "Yeah, I think I'm better." Hinata laid his head on Kageyama's chest. "I don't wanna lose today, not from them." he said while Kageyama was hearing Hinata's heart beating fast. He felt the urge to hug him, it came of very naturally.

Hinata hugged Kageyama back and they stayed like that for a couple of minutes

Hinata hugged Kageyama back and they stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Then Kageyama decided to break the silence "Sorry, I guess I just got nervous." then he grabbed Hinata by his shoulder and looked in his light brown, almost orange eyes. "We won't lose, I promise." he said and hugged him again, but now Hinata's heart was beginning to beat faster. "Wow your heart is beating really fast. Are you nervous?" Kageyama asked.

Hinata took a few moments to answer and he was blushing. "Yeah, I'm probably nervous...Anyways we should head back, the game's gonna start."

"Okay, let's go."

Hinata's stress seemed to have gone. He felt sure now, about himself and mainly because Kageyama promised him they were gonna win. Hinata couldn't let them win the game after what they said about Kageyama.

They both went to the changing rooms where Kiyoko had left their match jerseys. Hinata opened the box and he looked at the shirt as if it was some kind of a trophy. It had the Tiny Giant's number, #10. After he wore it, he felt completely different, unstoppable, like a superhero that had just transformed into his super suit.

"Are you all ready?" Daichi looked at Hinata who looked at Kageyama and then we all nodded to each other. "Okay then, Karasuno..."

"FLY!"