6. A day off

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair colour

(E/c)= Eyes colour

(F/c)= Favourite colour

(Y/N) POV

It was another Sunday in the city of Higashi-Cho. Today it was my day off and since I didn't have to go "tutoring" the quintuplets, I decided to help the cafe in the morning and visit Ayaka in the afternoon. I was sure Fuutarou would have studied the whole day, what a waste to not enjoy a day like this.
I arrived at the cafe, I opened the door making the bell attached at the door ring. Before I could greet everyone, a flying tray greeted my face... yep the usual.

"A day off? Manager, I didn't hear you well, I must be still dizzy for a certain railgun... I mean tray," I said pointing out Montgomery.

"As I said I'm giving you the day off since there aren't many customers today for the fireworks festival," he explained.

Right... today there was the annual fireworks festival of the city. It's not like I forgot about it, I just tried to not think about it; my family was part of the organisers of the festival so I've never been to it, I'd rather not get myself involved in family business or matters, they would just give me problems.

"You heard him, so fuck off, " Montgomery said from behind expecting me to leave.

"How can you say such cruel thing?! Even though we're coworkers, " I said with theatrical tears sobbing on the floor.

"It's for this reason customers prefer me to you, " I said with a mocking smirk.

I could clearly see her pissed face, she wasn't even trying to hide it.

"Do you have a death wish?" She asked.

"I was kidding! It was a joke!" I said with a wry smile.

I stood up and sat in the nearest chair.

"Since today I'm not working, I'm here as a customer just like the old times and of course I want Montgomery to serve me, " I said with a smug look.

Montgomery reluctantly went to take my ordering.

"What do you want?" She asked annoyed.

"Is this how you serve your customer?"

"Sigh... What would you like to order dear customer?" She said with a polite tone.

"A coffee and a smile, thank you, " I replied. She tried to smile at me, I said she tried because what I was looking at was something far away from a smile, it was more like a beast showing their fangs before finishing their prey. It would be a miracle if I was able to survive her after shift wrath...

"So... anyway, are you going to the festival later?" I asked changing the topic.

"For sure not with you, " she sassed.

"Haha... that's harsh..." I said as a drop of sweat rolled down my cheek, "Are you going to invite Astushi then?" After I mentioned his name, Montgomery's face became a red mess between anger and embarrassment, "Why are you bringing him up?!" She panicked all flustered.

"You've been trying to invite him for a week, haven't you?" I pointed out. Whenever she tried to ask him out, she would get so embarrassed that it always ended up with Montgomery beating Atsushi... I don't envy him at all.