Chapter 3 - Shopping

Back to school time for most parents and their children was a time of stress and absolute chaos, in Spencer and Anabel Reid's case it was always an exciting thing. Anabel loved to learn new things and Spencer loved seeing her growth and learning as well as helping with her homework. Every year they went out back to school shopping together for new clothes, shoes and supplies for the year. This year an eight year old Anabel would actually be going into the sixth grade. Her mind was very similar to her Dad's and he graduated at 12.

Spencer gets back into town from a case, and comes in handing off some cash to the babysitter before going to check on Anabel. She was sound asleep, in Spencer's bed where the sitter had said she insisted on sleeping. Spencer smiled softly before getting settled into bed himself without waking her.

The next morning came and the two woke up. Spencer poured them both bowls of cereal to eat before they head out shopping. "Did you solve the case, Daddy?" Anabel asked as she always did curiously, "We did." Spencer said with a smile as per usual of course never going into any detail. 

After breakfast they head into the local mall. They get her a few different graphic tees, sweaters, jeans, skirts, dresses, and some shoes and hair clips before moving on to actual school supplies. She picked out notebooks, folders, pencils and they collected everything else they needed. Spencer carries the basket of supplies up to counter and sits it down. Near the counter, Ana spots a rather large assorted bag of candy and her eyes go wide. "Daddy! Look." Ana says excited pointing at the bag as she rushes to grab one. "I don't think so. That much sugar is extremely bad for..." Spencer started. "Please please please!" Ana says looking up at him with puppy dog eyes. "Okay okay. But you have to promise to eat it in moderation, no more than three pieces a day... And you have to share." Spencer caves and smiles as he takes the candy and puts it up on the counter.