XVII. Attraction

"You're staring again," Haruhi mumbled

"You're staring again," Haruhi mumbled. I noticed her watching me from the corner of my eye. Neither of us had any guests at the time, so we were sitting beside each other and drinking some of that instant coffee that the hosts were obsessed with.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumbled in response. I tore my gaze away from the taller third-year and lowered my head. I stared at the porcelain teacup in my hands instead and lightly traced over the designs of the cup. I know I was staring. We both know that, but I can't help it. He is so captivating.

"Liar," Haruhi scoffed and laughed. I huffed lightly and said nothing else. "Oh, he's staring at you now too," Haruhi muttered then turned her head away from the third-year's direction.

"Huh?!" I instantly lifted my head and stared at Haruhi with wide eyes. "No, you- you're lying," I stuttered. My cousin smiled and shrugged, so I slowly turned my head back towards Mori. Sure enough, he was staring at me. My face flushed, and I froze for a second. I swear, the corner of his lips flicked upwards for a quick second. When I felt the second pair of eyes staring at me from beside Mori, I turned my head away.

"Wow, you're giving me major bottom vibes right now," Haruhi said. Of course, she was watching the whole thing go down.

"Am not," I scoffed. In my peripheral vision, I could see Honey-senpai glancing between Mori and me. There's no way he doesn't suspect anything. I'm just surprised none of the other hosts have noticed.

"Liar," she repeated. I rolled my eyes and stared down at my lap. "You should ask him if he's attracted to guys," Haruhi suggested.

"What?" I laughed. I couldn't tell if she was serious or not. I brought the teacup up to my lips and nervously sipped on the coffee. 

"I'm being serious, Touma. You'll never know unless you ask him," Haruhi reasoned. "Would you rather just continue staring at him from afar?"

"Um," I thought for a second. "Yeah, sure," I replied and shrugged. Haruhi sighed and rolled her eyes. She decided not to argue with me because she could tell this was going nowhere. She didn't respond, so we became silent again. 

"I wonder what they're doing now," Haruhi spoke in a whisper. I followed her gaze towards the twins who wore hats as they spun around.

"Which one is Hikaru?" The brothers asked their guests. I furrowed my eyebrows. They don't expect someone to be able to tell them apart, do they? They're pretty much the same except for their voices.

"That's the dumbest game I've ever heard of," Haruhi said out loud. I lifted the teacup to my lips and turned my head away. I don't want to be part of whatever disagreement they're about to have.

"Do you have a problem with it, Haruhi?" Hikaru and Kaoru placed their hands on their hips. The twin's guests instantly began gushing over their "forbidden love" and quietly squealing.