Chapter 1

I’m Mackenzie. Mackenzie the-girl-with-no-last-name. Why? Well, because I’m an orphan, that’s why. I’ve lived in this dumb orphanage since my so-called ‘parents’ dropped me off here at the age of 3. You were probably expecting a whole abuse sob story, right? I don’t have a sour attitude, but when your living in basically a prison, it’s hard to stay happy. I’ve been here for 9 years and have NEVER been adopted. I’m 12 and I have long brown hair, green eyed, and fair skin. That’s all you should know, for now I guess.

The orphanage is a living hell. It’s basically a prison, you’re probably thinking that I’m overeacting, but I’m not. There are bars on the windows, caretakers that are a real ass and well, you see my point, don’t you? I crept down the orphanage stairs and slid out the kitchen window, the only window without bars, I strolled along the sidewalk passing STARRZ, the model industry. It began to rain and I quickly ran inside the model industry. Whoah, it was huge!

“Excuse me, little girl?”, a man wearing a suit asked me.

I gulped,” Y-yes?”, I stammered.

“What’s your name?”, he asked precisely.

“Mackenzie”, I spoke.

“Do you have a last name?”, He questioned.

“No”, I truthfully admitted.

Just before he could say something, a beautiful girl with brown wavy hair walked through the door,” Sorry, Polo, I ran late in traffic again”, she said.

“It’s alright, love”, he replied to her.

She noticed me,”Oh, and whose this little cutie?”, she asked.

“This is Mackenzie”, he said and walked over to the lady and whispered something into her ear.

He left the room, leaving only me and the pretty girl.

“Ello, love, I’m Eleanor Calder! It’s nice to meet you”, she said.

“Hello, I’m Mackenzie”, I muttered out.

“No last name, love?”, she wondered.

“No, I’m an orphan”, I said and stared at the ground.

“Oh, I see. Well, Polo was saying that he would love if you could model for the industry”, the girl name Eleanor explained.

“I would love too!”, I squealed but then I rememebered,” I can’t though, I have to go back to the orphanage”.

“Oh”, the smile vanished from her face,”Hold on a minute”, she said as she took her phone out of her pocket and called someone.

“Hey Louis, yeah, uh huh, so I found this girl, yeah she’s like 10 or something,” Eleanoar blabbed.

Eleanor snapped me out of my thoughts,” How would you like a new dad and mum?”, she asked.

“What? Really!?”, I squeaked.

“YES! Come, lets head to the orphanage! I have some papers to sign!”, El shouted, receiving weird looks from strangers.

I went to my prison cell, whoops I mean “room” and packed my stuff, I didn’t have much, mostly hand-me-downs from the older girls.

I skipped down the stairs, mentally singing,” GOODBYE HELL HOLE!!!”.

I saw El and a guy in his 20s, he was wearing a blue striped shirt, red skinny jeans and toms.

“Hello”, I mumbled.

He walked over to me,”You must be the lovely Mackenzie!”, he yelled.

“Yup!”, I said, popping the “p”.

We headed over to the car, or should I say LIMO! Wow, are they rich or something?

We put my bags in the trunk and sat inside, I saw 4 other guys, probably in their early 20s.

“I’ll introduce!”, Louis started,” Ahem, Blondie over there is Niall, One with the quiff is Zayn, Curly over there is Harry, and Liam is the one on the end”.

“Hello, I’m Mackenzie, but you can call me Kenzie”, I said.

“Can we call you Kenz-Kenz?”, Niall asked.

I looked at him weird before replying,”Uhhh… sure?”.

Well, this is going to be interesting………