c h a p t e r. 5

Here you gooooooo!!!

"Wait.... You are the cheeky?"

I turn around to see Felix and Ryder looking at me wide eyed in awe.

Yes peasants bow down to me

"Well...not to ruin your reunion or anything but what are we missing?" Dante asked raising a quizzical eyebrow.Sharing a quick look with Ashton, I nod at him to start speaking.

"Well you remember when Ryder and I were caught in..... human trafficking ring two years ago and I told you how there was this girl slightly younger than me who helped us escape, that was her." His brief explanation was met by pin drop silent. The air was tense, anger was practically radiating off them.

"I- I'm sorry cheeky, I didn't knew it was you- heck I didn't even knew your name. If only i-"

"It's ok Ash, it's not your fault. You were only two when she took us away, there was no way you would have been able to recognize me and also I was wearing contacts and wig- it was not possible for anyone to recognize me much less someone who had seen me when they were just toddlers" I said giving him a reassuring smile.

"Wait you know about that? How come Mae doesn't know?" Emilio asked coming out of his shock.

"I got to know about having brothers after escaping from there, Maeve....she doesn't remember much of that incident or months prior to that incident" I answered hesitantly.

I have to be careful with what I reveal, I for one don't want to reveal anything related to Maeve without her permission, especially when she doesn't even remember this.

Secondly, I don't know if I want to trust them or not. Yeah yeah blood and family shit- I know, but then again my mother dearest is the responsible for those sleepless nights and panic attacks. So sue me if I have trust issues.

Just as Blake was going to ask another question, the doorbell rang. Literally saved by the bell

"That must be the doctor" Emilio informed as he made his way towards the front door.

Sighing in relief, I quickly followed behind him. Emilio exchanged greetings with the doc and made his way upstairs- towards Maeve's room.

Entering the room I stood at the other side of the bed- opposite to where the doc was. I quickly sent Elise a grateful nod and stared at the doctor as he...well did what the doctors normally do?

"Her condition is normal. Was she under any stress or did something happened that triggered her brain?" the doc- Mr.Wilson asked Luciano, who in turn turned towards me, nodding his head to inform the doc whatever I know.

"She is suffering from temporary memory loss. Before this any triggering events would lead to at the most a severe headache, this was the first time of her losing consciousness" I said anxiously, worry clouding my brain.