1 - The weirdest morning in my life

If anyone asked me about the weirdest day of my life, I'd probably have some problems with the answer. But not anymore. Because the answer was: "today"...

At the beginning, everything seemed to be as usual. Except the sun that woke me up... At first, I thought that my husband had forgotten about the curtains last night but then I realised that the sun was in a strange position as if it was above my face. That could mean that I was finally on my summer holidays! Yes! Holidays!

I stretched and that was the first moment, when I felt something was wrong. It was like my body was unlike mine. Alarmed, I opened my eyes.

A pink ceiling and a skylight above my head were the first things I saw. No wonder that the sun had woken me up... I turned right and my heart skipped a beat, when I realised where I was. My husband disappeared, everything was terribly pink, and I was in a bed on a mezzanine – which could be dreadful for a person with fear of heights, like me! And finally, it looked like I'd woken up in Marinette Dupain-Cheng's room, the main character of the "Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir" show...

'Don't panic!' I told myself and got up.

That only increased my panic. When I saw my body that wasn't mine, my heart began racing and I had a feeling that I was losing my mind! I supressed a frightened scream and ran down from the mezzanine. I remembered from the show that there should be a mirror somewhere there. I needed to see that!

And I saw it: a terrified pale Marinette's face staring at me...

What the hell had happened here?!

Yesterday – to be honest... today, because I'd finished writing after midnight – I went to sleep as Lena Klimka! Sure, I knew I shouldn't write that fanfic so late in night, but I couldn't stop when the story went so well in my head. However, that didn't explain my presence in this universe. The obvious explanation like 'it's just a dream' wasn't a case. Somehow, I knew it wasn't a dream.

My mind was like a spinning wheel. I was trying to figure out how I could appear in this unreal world and what I should do with myself now. If I was Marinette, probably I should go to school...

To school?! I'd been at school ages ago! And I barely spoke French! Only basics like weather or small talk...

"Je m'appelle Lena..." I muttered, observing myself in the mirror. Correction! Observing not myself but the character in whose body I'd woken up this morning. "Damn! Je m'appelle Marinette! Marinette for heaven's sake!"

"Marinette?" I heard a little voice somewhere in the room.

I looked around and froze.

Oh, sweet lord! Tikki in the flesh! God, she was so cute! A tiny red creature with black dots on its body – undoubtfully the Ladybug's kwami – flew closer to me and was looking at me carefully.

"Tikki!" I whispered delighted, not believing in what I was seeing.

"Are you all right?" kwami asked, when I was trying to calm down.

That was totally unreal and terribly real at the same time. I had to admit that it was funny for a moment – being in the show that I'd been watching for years. But my reason took command immediately. I was wondering what was happening at my home. Was there Marinette in my body? How long would I be here and how could I come back? And most importantly: how had it happened?!

"If I were you I'd hurry up, Marinette. Your classes are about to start..." Tikki reminded.

I looked at her astonished. I understood every single word, despite the fact that minutes before I couldn't say a simple 'My name is Lena...' Damn it! Marinette! My name is Marinette!