2 - Physics

I left the Dupain-Cheng bakery in a hurry. Of course, I had to hug Tom who gave me some pastries for brunch. I thought he'd crushed all my bones while he hugged me but surprisingly I was OK. I suspected I was protected by one of the rules of this unreal universe.

Traffic lights stopped me for good, so I had to run as fast as I could to get the school on time. Somehow, I managed to enter the François Dupont courtyard at the moment of the school bell ringing.

"Here you are!" I heard somewhere around.

Alya.

Of course.

How could it be otherwise?

"Hi..." I breathed.

"We'd better hurry up, because I'd prefer not to be examined in physics."

"Yeah, you're right. It's better not to be noticed..." I nodded and reminded myself to sit quiet and not to put Marinette into trouble.

Alya ran towards the class, and I followed her astonished with her red hair which was quite impressive. If we were to stage "Harry Potter, she should get Hermione's part. Wait a minute! Had I just thought "if we were..."? It looked like I got into character too seriously...

When we entered the classroom, the teacher wasn't there yet. Lucky me! I forgot to feel relief, because I was too shocked. Sweet mother! The Mrs. Mendeleiev classroom! A real laboratory – if you could use the word "real" in relation to a cartoon... I could see students sitting at desks – all Miraculous characters with Chloe Bourgeois in a front row. She was watching me with a wry smile on her face. What a masterpiece of pride and disgust! I felt like writing a story with her as a main character! I checked the rest of students and when I noticed lack of Lila Rossi, I sighed with relief. She was the only one that I would be afraid of.

I saw Nino and Adrien smiling. Right...

"Marinette..." Alya whispered significantly.

Oh, God! I was standing in the centre of the classroom and staring at people! What a blunder! I felt that my cheeks became red, so I lowered my head and rushed to my place. I couldn't miss Chloe's snort:

"Clumsy-Cheng..."

I should definitely write a story about Chloe. And that would be my first angst ever! With the main character's death. That perspective helped me right away.

"I thought you wouldn't make it!" Nino started, because Mrs. Mendeleiev hadn't come yet.

"I was waiting for Marinette..." Alya explained. "You have to leave home earlier, girl! You're always late!"

"I couldn't get rid of my parents..." I muttered. "Too much hugs..."

Alya looked at me astonished, Nino cleared his throat uncomfortable. I kicked myself virtually. Marinette was never mocking, especially when it came to her parents!

"I think your parents are the best!" Adrien said, glancing at me with a smile.

So, here he was! A golden boy with green sparkles in his eyes. And with a loving smile for his "just a friend"... Riiight...

At first, I was surprised that I didn't faint or something like that. Oh, come on! I was looking at the love interest of half of school. Forget a school! Of half of the city! And I felt nothing. Zero. Then I remembered that I'm older than them. And my heart was already taken for good. So, there was nothing weird in me not falling for him. Yet, I realised that if I stayed here for long I could unintentionally ruin Adrienette ship. Actually, I could ruin the whole LoveSquare...

"They're the best!" I replied to Adrien, hoping that my friends would forget my previous comment. I had to be more careful!

The teacher finally entered the classroom, so we had to end our conversation. I felt relief and stress at the same time. On one hand, I could relax because pretending Marinette in front of her best friends wasn't easy at all. On the other hand, I became anxious about the classes because I was unprepared.