4 - The questioning

Surprisingly, I survived the art classes without ruining Marinette's reputation. It was like a body's memory – my hands did their job with no need to use my brain. Of course, I knew some basics of sewing or knitting, but I was a complete amateur when it comes to designing. Luckily, Marinette had started a new project last time, so all I had to do was continue.

While I was sewing I could try to analyse my current situation. Those lucky coincidences were a bit weird. Was it possible that Ladybug's Miraculous could influence the reality and protect me from a total disaster? Or was it only 'a beginner's luck'?

Although I didn't figure out why I avoided being compromised, an hour of the art classes was a nice relax after morning sensations. Actually, I had an earthquake one after another, so this calm time was a nice break from them.

After a school bell I left the school immediately and ran back home. I needed to start investigating why I'd appeared in the Miraculous universe.

I entered the apartment like a hurricane and that surprised Sabine.

"I have to read a book for the afternoon classes, mom!" I explained quickly.

"You don't have much time, darling..." She commented. "I'll call you when lunch is ready!" She added, but I was already on the stairs, so I ignored her words.

I closed the trapdoor and sighed with relief. I was finally safe. Or not... Five seconds later I knew I was in troubles.

A red kwami flew out of my purse and stopped just in front of my face.

"Hands up!" Tikki glared at me. "Who are you and how did you get here?!"

I could expect that kwami would find out that I wasn't real Marinette. But I didn't expect that Tikki would assume the offensive instantly.

"I'll answer your first question right away, but bear in mind that it can be a shock for you. When it comes to your second question I don't have answers but I need to find them soon... Sooner than later, I'd say... Maybe Master Fu could help?"

"Master Fu left. He gave up the Miracle Box. He doesn't remember anything..."

Holy crap! That meant we were just after the Season 3 finale...

"Don't tell me I'm the Great Guardian of the Miraculouses..." I groaned. Anything else?!

"You are. Marinette... What happened? Why don't you remember anything? Why do you act so different?"

"Because I'm not Marinette. My name is Lena Klimka and I live in Poland. I'm adult, I have a family... I don't know why I'm here... And I have no idea how to go back..."

Tikki watched me carefully for a while, like she was checking my truthfulness. Then she began flying around me, that looked like a weird dance, buzzling as if she was filled with sparkled water. I felt like I was examined with a lie detector – in a Miraculous edition.

"Maybe it's Hawkmoth's trick?" Tikki asked when she'd finished her dance. Apparently I passed the truthfulness exam.

"I don't think he's so powerful." I replied, shrugging, and then I added: "Unless he akumatised someone and gave them a power of transferring souls between bodies..."

"That's quite plausible. He has already given many strange superpowers."

"No, it's not." I denied. "That was a wild guess. Because... it doesn't make sense. Why me? Why someone chose me to be exchanged with Marinette?"

Tikki looked at me thoughtful.

"Is there anyone who could want you to be in troubles?"

"Even if, I'm not aware of that. Besides, that should be someone from here. We've already known that Hawkmoth doesn't have powers from afar."