Ch. 23: Growning up Faster than you can Cherish it

What was promised as a few days turned into a week and counting with getting my new ID, getting a new bank account, and finding a realtor, luckily Maks didn't mind in the slightest about how long I was staying at his estate.
   Jotaro and I meet the the realtor outside the house and we shake hands before she unlocks the door and lets us in, "is this your boyfriend?" She asks and I don't know how to reply immediately.
   I nudge Jotaro with an elbow, "are you my boyfriend?" I ask in Japanese so he understands and so that it wouldn't be weird to just ask him in Russian for the realtor to hear.
   He thinks about it, "sure," he says and I turn back to my realtor.
   "Yes, he's my boyfriend," I reply. It was then we decided it was official that we were in a relationship, I guess, I find it funny, but I'm sure I would've been way too awkward if we were by ourselves and I asked him upfront, then agian at some point I'll need to have a conversation with him about it.
   After the house tour we both came to an agreement that the two bedroom and two bath was going to be suitable and I paid for it in cash. It's not like I'm going to be here forever, and honestly I could just live in Maks's guest estate forever but I'm sure he'd need it too. A few years ago jobs started giving paychecks out through Email rather than address and up until now I had to rush myself to get a bank account to put my paycheck in.
   Jotaro and I were on our toes on move in day for standusers. You would think that they'd be on us especially during this time, but they weren't. I don't know if I'm lucky or if they have something in store for us.
   When people help us bring out furniture into the house I'm sweating balls. When I throw the turtle neck off me I fall on our new couch, "I hate you," I say scold Jotaro, with all these hickies I need to hide them constantly.
   I can hear Jotaro's smirk when he laughs and locks the front door, "you try so hard~" he says mockingly when he walks to the couch and I throw a pillow at him only for him to catch it.
   "I need to have some sort of professional look to myself," I say and he scoffs a laugh when he sits on the couch just to crawl over me.
   "Then you're having sex with the wrong guy~" he says teasingly and kisses up my neck ignorant of how sweaty we both are from the labor, "you're wearing deodorant today?"
   I slap him and shove him off me and he just laughs, I think it's cute how he's only honest and lively with me.
   I scoff at him returning the same smug attitude, "I'm always wearing deodorant, unlike you," I say.
   He rubs the arm I slapped, "I don't like the  feeling of it on my armpit hair."
   I cringe, "ew, why the fuck would you say that?"
   He laughs, "because you asked?" He says and I roll my eyes with a laugh before stretching and getting up.
   "You're so weird?" I say.
   "You're the weird one for wanting to date me?"
   I laugh at him, we always have these types of playful arguments, "you're so cool and collected all the time, how was I supposed to know you were actually a horny pig?"
    He scoffs and puts a sarcastic hand to his chest when he follows me to the balcony, "are you calling me a catfish?"
   I look out the edge of the balcony and he puts his hands on my shoulders. "Yes," I reply and we both just laugh at ourselves. To think we'd be so happy together after losing our whole families, but maybe that's what ties us together.
    When I sigh after laughing I'm suddenly not cheerful after my thought. Like a psychic or something he senses it and slides his hands from my shoulders to my head and tilts my head back into his chest, "what are you thinking about?" Always the same, concerned, curious question, always wanting me to be happy and to never suffer from my own deteriorating thoughts. In all of my life I don't think I've ever met someone so alike with me yet so different.
   My hands relax on the edge of the balcony and I shut my eyes to feel his callused, warm hands on my neck, "you're always worried about me," I say, "what can I do for you? It's only a matter of time before you dont have enough to distract you from your own thoughts," I say and hear his smile in his tone.
   "I always underestimate you, just when I thought you couldn't get any better you manage to read my mind without your ability," he says. My eyes open and his own stare back at me, soft green, aquamarine like a sea that yields to no but to its own pride, a pride feuled by the creatures and life it gives to the world. "You're right, one day, I'll be able to forget them, Tenmei, my family, and my old life even," he says and his eyes get watery.
   I turn around and look up at him after entangling my fingers into his, "you don't need to forget anyone or anything, and you never should, because the day you forget what they meant to you, you forget who you are, who they sacrificed themselves for, and ultimately every great time you had with them," I say. He has to tilt my head up with his other hand to put his forehead on mine, I can't imagine his heart break, his shattering, decaying heart, losing everyone and yet pretending it never happened. I wipe away a tear he sheds, "allow yourself to grief now, because if you don't all you will do is grief yourself to death."
   He lets go of a sad laugh before kissing me and I let him, "what would I do without you?" He says.
   I think about mom how she willingly joined Dio, and I think about my dad's who were killed by her and killed in the name of Dio at that, "I'm sure you'd figure it out at some point," I say, "but knowing you, that some point would be never."