Chapter 6: Loosen Up

~Natalie's P.O.V~

The bell rings signaling it's time for lunch. I quickly gather my things and head out into the crowded hallways. People keep looking at me weirdly but I ignore it. I go to my locker for the first time today. I nearly drop my bag at what I see. Red paint is splattered accross my locker spelling out 'bookworm', 'nerd', and lots of other nicknames I've been given in the past. My face goes red in anger as I stomp my way to my locker brushing past people who are gathering around my locker snickering as they walk past. I slam my things into my locker and pratically run to the library. A bunch of "ooohhh"s, laughter, and catcalls follow after me.

I should be used to this by now. The constant bullying. The names. The looks. But no matter how hard I try to ignore it it knocks me back down again.

I walk through the doors escaping the noisy hallways taking cover behind the rows of books. Finally. My safe haven. I slide down the wall resting my head on my knees covering my face with my arms. Don't cry. Stand tall. Ignore it. I keep telling myself this but the truth is that I don't think it's possible. It's right in my face. It's impossible to ignore. I try to hold it back but it's too late. A single tear streams down my face. I quickly wipe it away.

"Stop it," I say aloud in a shaky voice surprising myself.

"Stop what?" someone asks startling me.

I look up almost instantly. My face turns red with embarrassment. Will is leaning on the shelf accross from me loking at me concern written all over his face. He caught me crying in the library. I want to sink into the ground and die.

"Uh, nothing." I say my voice still shaking after realizing that he's waiting for me to reply.

I sniffle trying to conceal the evidence of my embarrassing moment.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I say my head in my hands.

"You don't look fine to me." he says putting air quotes around fine.

"Aren't you supposed to be eating lunch right now?" I ask in attemp to direct the conversation away from me.

"Well, aren't you?" he asks.

Fail.

"This is my lunch." I reply pickingup my lunch for emphasis and then dropping it back unto the floor.

"Here, come with me." he says holding out his hand.

"What if I don't want to?" I ask.

"I'll make you." he says curtly and I can tell he's being serious.

"Fine." I say grudgingly grabbing his hand as he pulls me up.

The last thing I want to do is go follow a guy I barely know to who knows where but I'd rather not get dragged along against my own will.

He keeps hold of my hand and drags me out of the library. His hand is rough and gentle at the same time. Once we're out in the hallway he makes way to the front doors of the school then makes sure no one is looking and walks outsidewith me in tow.

"Um...What are you doing?" I ask.

Why is he taking me outside in the middle of the school day?

"Wait," I say as it dawns on me,"We're not skipping class are we?"

"What's wrong with skipping class everyonce in a while?" he asks turning to look at me. His lips are turned up into a lopsided grin as he waits for me to reply.

"Um, It's skipping class. It's against the rules." I say stating the obvious.

"Everyone has to do it at least once in their lifetime. Come on, loosen up!" he says pulling me towards his car.

"I don't have to do it." I say.

"Get on in." he says ignoring my statement as he opens the car door smiling widely.

What did I get myself into?

***

Heyyooooo!!!!! =^.^=

Did u like it??? PLZ COMMENT, VOTE, AND\OR FOLLOW!!!!!!