Divine Scent

POV Scott

I got out of the shower and started to dry off. I got dressed and looked into the mirror to inspect my wound. "Funny it looked bigger earlier." I muttered to myself shaking my head I opened the door and walked out. Putting the bandage on I headed back to my room to get ready for try outs today.

Ok pads, jerseys, cleats, and helmet sweet I'm ready. No more sitting on the bench this year. "Oh shit where is my net?" I muttered.

"Its down here!" I hear Stiles shout from down stairs.

"Ok thanks." I call back wait how did he hear me I'm way out of his ear shot. Eh nothing to worry about I then grab my stuff and head down stairs with it. I saw Stiles in the kitchen eating the left over chicken.

"Dude that was mine." I said with no care as I pass him to make a sandwich. "But why eat chicken it's 9:27." I told him after I grabbed ham and cheese from the fridge.

"Saids the guy making a ham and cheese sandwich. Besides it's all you had pre done." He fired back then I heard a car out front. It ran for a second then shut off then a car door shut.

"Whatever and I think my moms home." I replied and wouldn't you know it.

"Scott honey I'm home." My mom said as she walked through the door and made her way to the kitchen. "Hey Stiles did Scott let you in or did you invite yourself?" She asked in fake anger.

"I actually was let in this time Mrs. M but I don't know about next time." Stiles snarked back mom then looked to me for confirmation. I nodded and started to eat and man oh man a sandwich has never tasted so good before. I felt like it was the first time I have ever eaten one before.

"Slow down man your going to choke." Stiles joked.

"Shut up it's just good." I said as I finished it then I made another.

"Ok boys I'm going to bed see you two later. Oh and I'm going to take you both out tonight. In a celebration dinner or a you tried dinner." My mom said with a small smile.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence mom." I said in mock hurt.

"Your words they wound me so." Stiles said and stared to laugh then mom got a sharp look. Then she started to stock over to me.

"What is this Scott?" She aske pointing to the bandage on my neck. Oh shit I was hoping she wouldn't notice that was there.

"Oh that something bit me last night it's ok I'm fine." I deflected she didn't look convinced. Before I could stop her she ripped the bandage off.

"Oh Scott why are you wasting such a big bandage on these little things?" She asked in an annoyed tone. "Hang on the me get one that isn't overly exaggerated. Honesty two little bug bites and you cover half your neck." She said and walked off to get a different bandage.

"Uhh what? Is she blind or something you have gaping holes in your... neck?" Stiles said walking over to me. "Dude what happened to your neck the wound is almost gone." Stiles said in confession I grabbed at my neck and felt small dents. Not like this morning where I could almost put my pinky in.

"Check your wound quickly before she comes back." I said and he unzipped his hoodie and pealed back his wrap.

"Holy shit it looks like a scar is forming now like it happened months ago. This is so cool I mean terrifying no I really mean cool." He said with a grin he let go of the wrap and zipped his hoodie back up. Then he got a look on his face and ran out of the kitchen.

He past mom on his way out and kept going. Mom shook her head at him and came up to me. She gave me a look and held up two band aids.

"Come here you hypocondract." She said and I did and she placed them on each wound. Flatten them out and patted my neck. "Now goodnight I'm going to bed." She said and walk off passing Stiles again.