We make First String

POV Scott

We decided to wait at the school there were some people there to. We got out of Stiles's jeep and made for the locker room. Passing by the office I saw that there was a receptionist there. I hit Stiles's shoulder and pointed to the office room and he followed me.

"Ma'am can we get our schedules now instead of tomorrow?" I asked her she looked up at us and nodded.

"Names?" She asked simply.

"Scott McCall and Belinsky Stilinski." I told her she flipped through her papers and grabbed two papers. Then she handed them to us I nodded my thanks.

"Thank you." Stiles said then we walked to the locker room. "Is it me or does it stink more than normal?" He asked.

"Nope definitely worse like really worse." I told him we both shared looks of disgust. Shaking my head I went to my locker and started to change.

"Stilinski McCall great job being here early good hustle." Coach Finstock said coming out of his office.

"Well coach we just love ya that much." Stiles said sarcastically while putting his Jersey on.

"I hope you love me as much as the bench." Coach snarked back and walked off.

"He got you man." I said with a grin.

"Shut up it's as you said we're making first string today." Stiles said with confidence.

"We? Where did this confidence come from?" I asked him all summer I have been aiming to get first string. Stiles on the other hand never even tried to get off the bench. Saying it was hopeless and why even try.

"I don't know I just feel like I can do this and I know you can as well." He told me seriously honestly I'm liking that his more positive attitude. He's always looked at the negative side of things. Him looking to the positive side is a good change for him.

"That's the spirit." I replied back then the locker room started to fill up. As it was ten minutes until drills.

"Why do you losers even try to do this but hey I guess the bench needs to stay warm somehow." Someone said I knew the voice it was Jackson he always be littles me and Stiles.

"I don't know Jackson but I think now I'm gunning for your position." I said back he just looked at me and laughed. Then he walked off to get changed.

"That guys a dick how does Lydia not see it?" Stile muttered looking down Lydia has been Stiles's crush since third grade.

"I'm not sure but if you keep this confidence up she'll notice." I assured him patting his shoulder.

"Alright ladies if your not on the field in five your not on the team." Coach yelled out and leaving toward the field.

"Let's go." I said grabbing Stiles and pulling him to the field.

"Yeah ok let's get first string." He said walking on his own we followed coach. Some other people that got here early followed to. When we got to the field we waited on everyone else. After a couple minutes mostly everyone was there. Some people snuck by coach but one guy wasn't so lucky.

"Go home I said five minutes not six." Coach said the guys looked crestfallen but started to leave. I noticed that he had two sticks I hid mine behind my back.

"Sorry coach that was my fault I forgot my net in the locker room. Then he told me he'd go and get it, it's my fault he was late." I called out.

"What oh ok hey get back here and give McCall his net." Coach yelled out to him he looked back. I raised my hand at him and beckoned him to me. He got a confused look and looked back and forth to me and the extra net he had. Then he caught on to what I did and smiled and ran over to me.