Chap 5

(Tamara Shelby) 

Four years ago,

"I wake up to see a message. My head spinning I went to the bathroom first. God, I hate drinking with Seth. He is not even effected although he drank three times the amount I did. I feel nauseous. I go over to my phone, it read, "Wanna meet, meet me outside, now". Wait a minute. How does he know where I live? Does he know my dad. I peek through my windows, there is not a soul to be seen. Then where is he? Is he toying with me? I put on a decent clothes. Not the type I came back in. I was crossing the living room  when Dad in his cold voice called me. The voice of his ran shivers down my spine. That voice was rare. And it had a lot of weight. The weight too hard to carry. 

Dad : I have been keeping an eye out on you for the last few months. You are getting quite close to Kronos's son. Mind to give me an explanation why?

Me : Dad we are friends although that's what he thinks/ I still have revenge left...

Dad : You know you can lie to everyone but not me. Revenge is just a cover-up. You have a liking towards him.

Me : I do not!

Dad : Then if I tell you to kill him, will you be able to?

Me : Sure

Dad : Prove me wrong...

He throws a knife at me. It was his favourite knife. SHELBY written all over the upper side said it all. It reeked of coldness, the murders, the horror. I put in my pocket. Did I have a liking for Seth? Then why did it hurt to say yes? I heavily left my house. On turning the corner I see him, leaning against a tree, looking up. At what I didn't even have an idea. He turned. A smirk. Something that only he could make shine.

Seth : Let's go

Me : Where do you wanna go?

Seth : Somewhere I found myself and maybe I will find someone else too...

Me : Explain please

Seth : I won't, the place will say everything you need

Me : Let's see what it says

We walked up to his bike. He told me to get on. I did. Sudden turning of his eyes told me that it was wrong. My way of sitting. Ufff. I changed my way. We went to the forest road. The Forest Hill Drive. In my mind J.Cole was playing his music. He was our favourite singer. He suddenly turned into a spacing into the forest. In my mind I was half expecting a bumpy ride.

Seth : Don't worry. I care enough not to take a bad road. After all I would hate to get your nails in me.

How the hell did he know!? Is my thoughts so loud? We stopped in front of an lake. A thought was peeking in my mind. Is he gonna...? I walked by his side. The knife squirming in my pocket. A million thoughts were roaming in my mind. Nausea was brewing. How could I do it? We stopped. The view was beyond comprehension. Something only Seth can find. The dense trees covered the place like a protected treasure. I realized, his school was close by. So that's how he found it. We walked to the edge. I look up at him. His eyes sparkling, his posture straight and a small smile creeping it's way out. The more I see, the more it hurts. I forcefully tell myself, it's Seth, the one behind it all. I start walking away. He still doesn't notice. I take the knife out. The coldness of it. He looks. His stare on me. I didn't want to think. Tears forming up. I click it out, I turn, I stab. I look to see as m knife stabs deep into a trust, a hope, a presence. He looks at me. Confused but his eyes reflect my betrayal. I see his blood coming out of his stomach. But he doesn't look in pain. Instead he looks....angry. I let go. He pulls the knife out. His eyes look murderous. The look everyone is afraid of just chilled my blood to ice. Gasping, he throws it at the tree beside. I was ready for an attack but what came was unexpected. He walks to the tree and carves out "T a knife Seth". My whole body was shaking. I see him putting pressure on his wound, then getting on his bike and driving off. My heart in my ears, I call home.

As I lay in my bed, my head paining with headaches, I seem to be lost. Seth was the plan from the beginning, then what had changed? I dozed off to a tear filled sleep. Life just turned upside down..."

                                                                *************************

Seth : Dozing off in thoughts again?

Me : I am sorry Seth...

Seth : Wait what!? Did I just hear the famous Tamara Shelby say sorry? Damn I am getting good at this

Me : I am sorry for betraying you Seth

Seth : That's nothing new. Anyway, I gotta go. Can't really spend time here more, who knows what might happen?

Me : Will you ever be able to forgive me?

Seth : I forgive you the  moment I understood. But what I felt for you is gone, maybe something more stronger came...

Me : Will you meet with me again?

Seth : Not intentionally, not anymore but let's hope we bump into each other. Anyway, take this. A token of what was and now what is, catch!

He throws me something. I look to find the knife in my hand. He kept it with him for all these years. I was guilty because it reminded him of my betrayal. I look up to see him gone. Vanished into the air. I wish things could have been different for us. I turn my turn to something inscribed on it. That wasn't there.

"In whoever's hand will breed cataclysm"....