Crossed the line

Izumi's pov:
It has been a few months since Shoto and Mei joined us, and I was happy we had new members. Living with Toga and Dabi wasn't so bad as I imagined, Togo turned out to be gentle and a fun person to talk to, even if she is a bit crazy. As for Dabi he thanked me for bringing his brother to the league, here I thought he was going to kill me which is impossible though.

I was in the kitchen putting a few finishing touches on a cake I made for someone special to me when I heard Fen's robotic voice. "What smells so good?" I jumped a little when I heard him and said. "Nothing I was just making something for someone." I said finishing the writing on a cake. Fen looked over at the cake and it read, Happy birthday mom.

"Your going to visit your mom aren't you." He said, I put the dishes in the sink and sighed. "Ok today's my mom's birthday and I thought it would be nice to finally see her again, I really missed her." I rubbed my arm nervously and waited for Fen's reply. "Well if you're going to see her...can I come?" I was surprised at what his reply, I then said. "You really want to see my mom?!" Fen snickered a little. "Of course I have nothing else to do since it's the weekend. Plus I want to see the person who raised my best friend." He said helping me with the dishes.

"Ok, I've already told master I was gonna go see my mom, so we'll leave after were done with the dishes." I was glad Fen could soon meet my mom. When we were done with the dishes I put the cake in a box and we head of to my old home, while we were walking I told stories about my mom and how she loved me even if I was quirkless.

It took at least an hour to get to my old home. "So this is your old neighbourhood?" Fen asked looking around the place. "Yeah I had good memories here." I said holding the cake close to me. When we got to my old house we heard a loud bang sound inside my mom's house, the door was wide open.

I drop the box that held the cake, Fen and I went inside, when we got inside I saw my mom on the floor, she was bleeding through her chest. "Mom!" I shouted, I get down on the floor and I try to stop her bleeding. "I-izumi?" She whispered. "Mom, don't worry everything is going to be alright, I'm so sorry I left you. Please don't leave." I started to cry Fen was sitting down next to me he grabbed a piece of cloth and put on her chest, just then a man came from the kitchen, he was holding a gun. "Fen make sure my mom is stable." I said getting up he nodded and I went to meet the man.

"Did you shoot her!?" I yelled angry and full of rage. The man laughed at me and said. "Well since I'm going to kill you anyway, might as well tell you why I shot your mom." I got ready to use my quirk and listened to what the man was going to say. "I was hired to kill this woman by a "hero"." My blood started to boil when he said that. "and that same "hero" should be here in 15 minuets. By that time your mom will already be dead." I was full of anger when he said, he was hired by a hero. I bring out my sycthe and cut the man in half, my face was covered in blood. I went back to my mom who was trying to speak.

"I-iz-zumi." "Shh please save your strength please." I said while tears fell from my face. She put her hand her pocket trying to grab something, she brought out her hand to reveal a necklace, it had a beautiful emerald, it had a golden butterfly on it. She put it in my hand and said. "I want you to have this." "Why?" I was confused and scared.

"Du-during your 6th birthday I-I wanted to give this to you, so you could know I will always love you, but when you ran away I kept the necklace with me b-because it reminded me of you." She said and turned her eyes at Fen. "Young man you are friends with my Izumi correct." He nodded. "Please protect her. Make sure she is safe." She said, then looked back at me with tears in her eyes. "I-izumi I'm glad you came." She looked at me and gave a kiss on my forehead, her hand was on my cheek. "My wish finally came true, I got to see my beautiful baby girl again."