start

kenma kozume. a regular high-school boy who aces academics and sports since middle school. he's popular too, we're sure of that.

a quiet student, a lowkey-cat doing its best not to fall harshly on the ground like that is somewhat best for any student's eyes.

kenma wasn't paying attention to his surroundings while holding his phone, texting one of his friends to reply to their message. with that, he didn't even notice the people walking in front of him.

"ah! i'm so sorry! i'm sorry!" came from the familiar loud voice, ah, i remember.

back when they were still new to the sports event, kenma watched from the gymnasium's bleachers. but then, he's not that interested, so he played with his games instead.

he remembered that one guy, he's short like him, looks bright and smiley. the opposite of him. the boy's very loud, yet kenma found no discomfort when he's around.

"hi there! my name is hinata shouyou! you look like a pudding! kawaii!" he remembered when the orange-haired boy played with his hair, like they're close or something.

he remembered that feeling, for the first time he felt calm, rather than freaking out because a stranger just played with his hair like they know each other.

"what's your name?" he asked while his knees bent in front of the "pudding". kenma remembered that time, he responded quietly but, something's new, weird.

"i-.. uhm.. k-kozume.. kenma."

he stuttered.

he does not stutter before.

just a plain, straight and clear answer is enough.

but why did he stutter?

"don't be nervous! i don't bite! from what class are you? what year?" shouyou tilted his head to the side, expecting an answer from the other male.

"o-oh, i'm a second year.. class three."

"waah! the advanced class! i'm so jealous- oh! you're a senpai too!" he remembered it clearly when shouyou pouted, how he smiled brightly despite his friend's mean calls.

"HINATA BOKE!" ah, kageyama tobio, shouyou's friend, a setter from their volleyball team.

he remembered how his chest pounded heavily when shouyou hugged his friend's waist not-so-friendly, but a little affectionate.

are they lovers?

is that guy somewhat courting shouyou?

what was he thinking?

kenma snapped out of his thoughts, looking behind him as his phone dropped on the ground. "a-ahm, i'm sorry.. too.." he bowed and reached for his phone, but someone beat him to it.

this cliché touching of fingers..

"i'm so sorry! i hope it's not broken, kozume-senpai!"

then golden met hazel.

"hinata.."

"ah! i'm late, senpai! see you around! i'm sorry again-", "HINATA HURRY UP!", "COMING!"

kenma looked at his phone, it's not that.. broken, that's a relief. he looked back, checking which classroom did shouyou enter.

class one, first year.

not a study-guy, kenma thought to himself before going up to his own classroom.

kenma's thoughts were full of the orange-haired boy, and with that, he made an art.

"ooh, who's that kenma? boyfie?" tetsuro teased his friend, looking at the paper in front of them.

"no, just.. a friend."

"no one draws a friend like that!" tetsuro teased one more time before meeting with the sharp cat-eye like glare of the shorter male.

"shut up," kenma mumbled, gathering up his things before leaving the classroom.

after school

"ah, tetsuro."

"oh?"

"i'm bored, what to do?"

"hmm.. figure out what to do with that boy you're drawing."

"oh? that's shouyou. hinata shouyou. i've been thinking about him for quite some time now."

"is that a crush, kenma?"

"maybe."

kenma ate his food quietly after that plain, maybe to tetsuro. the other smirked, slamming the table not-too-loudly.

"write him small letters!"

"a letter?"

"yeah! you can write about the things you want to say to him but you can't in person! you're the type to hide, right?"

"nice idea."

tetsuro proudly pounds his chest with his fist, "i! am kuroo tetsu-"

"no one cares, shut up and eat." kenma remarked, keeping his monotone look towards tetsuro. "aww!"

━━━━

first letter.

dear shouyou,

my friend advised me to write here whenever i think of you. i tried. i think it's going to be one of my hobbies.

i hope you won't find it creepy or weird when i think of you when you're not here with me.

kozume kenma